[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna be moving out for the first time with three other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

I'm gonna be moving out for the first time with three other people. I want the master bedroom for no other reason than "big room good". The only girl roommate wants it because she doesn't want to share a bathroom with boys. I can easily shut that argument down, but I don't have a better one. No kids, but both of us have a respective small dog. How can I ensure the master bedroom?
>>
>>17997388
Offer to pay a bit more rent than everyone else. If it's a bigger bedroom and a private bathroom, this is literally the only fair & reasonable way to settle this
>>
>>17997388
Pay the deposit and be the one with the account who the rent and other bills are pulled from. That's what I did. It sure is a pain in the dick tallying the bills at the end of every month and getting all three accounts into mine. But having the master is nice. I fucked my chick on the bathroom counter once lol
>>
>>17997395
>>17997396
What if offer to buy the groceries and cook? I'm good at cooking at this would also give me domain over the kitchen. Would that be convincing enough or is more rent really the only way?
>>
>>17997395
I think I can actually do this. I heard she was having financial problems and I absolutely would not mind exploiting that. I could pay $120 more and everybody gets forty dollars off their rent.
>>
>>17997400
Dude, just offer to be the one whose autopay account is linked. Then you're paying in risk and responsibility, not money.
>>
>>17997400
It might work if your housemates agree, but idk why you'd want to go about it that way. It would probably end up costing you the same amount of money as paying a bit more rent, and trust me, it would be a HUGE hassle to play chef & personal shopper for three housemates. If you've got a full-time job/schooling on top of that, you're gonna be tearing your hair out in less than 2 months

Just pay extra rent
>>
>>17997425

I'd rather pay an extra $50 or $100 than take that rise, but I ain't OP
>>
>>17997388
>The only girl roommate wants it because she doesn't want to share a bathroom with boys. I can easily shut that argument down, but I don't have a better one.
It sounds like your plan there is to just stammer out "w-w-what are you? sexist!?", if you can't give a better reason to have the room then you probably aren't going to get it.

If you want the biggest room, offer to pay a slightly increased share of the rent and look into getting a written agreement showing it.
>>17997400
>What if offer to buy the groceries and cook? I'm good at cooking at this would also give me domain over the kitchen. Would that be convincing enough or is more rent really the only way?
That would mean that you have to cook for them most of the time, or spend X amount of money on feeding them, money you can spend on an increased share in the rent, and time you can spend showing 4chan what a fucking idiot you are.

>>17997420
>I heard she was having financial problems and I absolutely would not mind exploiting that. I could pay $120 more and everybody gets forty dollars off their rent.
If she knows you are a poor man's sociopath she probably won't want to live with someone who is trying to exploit her. Also consider if the room is worth $120 more than the others, just because you think you can spare the money, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

TL;DR pay a bit more rent, don't exploit people you have to live with as they will all resent you for it, don't spend time you can't promise to honour an agreement you haven't thought through.
>>
>>17997388
>The only girl roommate wants it

you better let her have it then or else your entire stay with those roomies will totally suck

she will never forget this and be constantly bitching at you 2 for being such assholes

and seriously do you really want to share a BA with a girl ? endless source of arguments

in fact don't even move in with those 2 if you've never lived with roomies you will be making all the dumbass noob mistakes and be miserable too
>>
>>17997453
We're not messy guys and two of us grew up around nothing but women in the house, so her argument isn't really gonna fly.
>>17997436

I've heard your holes in my cooking plan, so I won't even mention that. What would we be a fair amount of rent to pay, then?
>>
>>17997457
I wouldn't be sharing the restroom with her if I had the master.
>>
>>17997550
>We're not messy guys and two of us grew up around nothing but women in the house, so her argument isn't really gonna fly.
That's not shutting it down, it isn't even relevant. You having lived with women isn't going to put her at ease about sharing a bathroom with guys if she isn't comfortable with it.
You wouldn't say to a girl who was raped "well I didn't rape someone in the past so you should sleep with me", do you know why? because your perceived qualification isn't going to negate her experience.

You're a social retard, you're lucky a woman would even be desperate enough to consider living with someone half as aspergic as you.
>>
>>17997654
How is this even remotely related to a rape victim's trauma? She'd prefer a private bathroom to a shared bathroom for the same reason ANYONE would. She doesn't want to deal with other peoples' curly hairs in the drain, she doesn't want to wait for her roommate to finish showering when she needs to pee.

"Shared bathroom" doesn't mean everyone's in there at the same time. You can't possibly twist this into a situation where she's afraid for her safety. If that was the case, she wouldn't be sharing a flat with these three guys in the first place. This is not a special "woman's issue," a private bathroom is desirable for anyone, and she's got the same claim, or lack thereof, as anyone else.
>>
>>17997400

Sounds like you've already given up on the cooking thing, but just saying, I'd be majorly against having to share whatever's on your personal menu each night, and would never look at it as a perk. Especially if it was the "reward" for giving you the nicer room. I'd feel obligated to eat it.

Anyways, I bet the girl will win this argument, but yeah, offering to pay an extra $90 a month ain't a bad idea, or you could offer to pay for like HBO/Netflix/Hulu for the house.
>>
>>17997395
This is exactly what I did, paid $100 extra a month to get the master and it was totally worth the extra money.
>>
>>17997716
Actually, I already pay for every streaming service available to me, so that wouldn't really be a problem. I have Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, Funimation, Spotify, and even YouTube Red. I wouldn't mind throwing Showtime and HBO in there. This was very helpful, anon. Thank you.
>>
>>17997698
It's not the trauma aspect you fucking sperg, it's the "my experience nullifies your experience" argument you think can shut her down.
If she doesn't want to share a bathroom with guys, that's her choice if she isn't happy with it and the being the only girl argument stands.

I don't share my food with others, would you say to me "I shared food with my siblings" or "I share food with my other friends" and try taking my food? no, because your autism hopefully isn't that bad.
>>
>>17997841
You've got it backwards. The point is that SHE doesn't get to shut the other three down, and automatically take the master bedroom, just because she's a girl and she'd be "uncomfortable" sharing a bathroom with boys. It was obviously her choice to share an apartment with three boys.

If she pays more rent, and the other three agree to it, then she wins. But right now, it sounds like the 4 of them are fighting over the nice bedroom, and she doesn't automatically win that contest just because she's a girl.
>>
I think paying a little more is the best course of action but i will say this.

Having had roomates of both genders, giving her the master will save u a ton of grief.

Firstly, women tend to have alot more belongings then men. Anything that doesn't fit in her room is going to pour out into shared spaces. Giving her the master bedroom is ideal because it'll keep the majority of her things tucked away.
Men tend to spend more time in the living areas anyway so if you want the environment to be comfortable, let her have it.
Women and men shouldn't share bathrooms because they are entirely different places to them.
Men rarely clean their toilets and love to forget to flush. Plush with all the shaving you get them little dark hairs stuck to everything.
A mens room is like a toolshed. Everything has a function so if it works, who cares if it's clean?

A woman sees the bathroom as her personal kingdom. Little pink bottles and frilly everythings scattered about the bath and counters. Variety of things she hasn't used in months but is there in case she needs it. She has that little bin tucked away that overflows with makeup tissues and other unmentionables

You combine them and you get chaos. Before you know it she keeps moving your things and your hair keeps getting on her stuff. Arguments nonstop. Even if you didn't have to share with her it would always come back to being your fault.
>>
>>17998072
This is boring the most sexist comment I have read today.
>>
>>17998072
The fuck?

I have a box with my hair shit and a box of my make up shit. I take them in and out of the bathroom as needed. I have a mirror in my room if the bathroom is taken and I need to do my hair or make up.

I need to do this because I live in a one-bathroom place.

OP, I say, whoever is willing to pay more for it should get it.
>>
>>17998072

If anything, she's probably afraid of men knowing she just took a smelly shit or men knowing she's on her period.
>>
Eh, I can see why she might feel weird about sharing a bathroom, but I agree that she was aware this was going to be a possibility. Whoever gets the premium room should just pay a tad more for it. That's fair, let it go to the highest bidder.

Main reason I can see her complaining about the bathroom is period shit. Guys find it disgusting to think about, and girls feel embarrassed that guys find it disgusting.
And as a woman, I can tell you, whoever the dude is who has to share the bathroom with her, kek may god have mercy on him. Women are fucking pigs with their periods. I had the hell of sharing a bathroom with 3 women and they let that trash fill to the brim. You ever smelled 4 month old period blood? It's disgusting.
Now maybe she'll be more inclined to keep tidy with the embarrassment factor. Girls typically take it for granted that us fellow girls will "understand" and let that shit ferment.
>>
>>17998337
>You ever smelled 4 month old period blood? It's disgusting.
Just take out the fucking garbage, Jesus. How could there be any possible excuse for letting it sit there 4 whole months?? I thought I was a slob, but you and your friends are a fucking public health hazard.
>>
>>17998346
I was playing chicken with them, this was when I was living in the dorms so I had no say on who was my roomies.
After living there for the first 4 months I was the only one taking out the garbage. Mind you, I don't get periods because I skip them using the pill, so none of that period mess was mine. I got sick of constantly having to push down their bloody pads just to tie off the bag because they wouldn't even do that much for me, so I was like "Fine, I'll see how long it takes"

They never did take out the bathroom trash once. Just let it overflow and threw their bloody tampons on the floor. I eventually just started living out of my car and taking showers at the campus gym.
>>
>>17997395

Other than manipulating her the only way to ensure you get it is to offer to pay more money.

I mean you should be paying a hefty amount more regardless if you get the private bathroom but offer to pay another 50-100 bucks. Likely it will get to a point where should wouldnt be willing to do the same.

>What if offer to buy the groceries and cook?
Offering services is a bad idea. Are you prepared to cook every meal at the same time every day and go to the grocery store whenever something isnt stocked?
>>
About 4 years ago in my early 20s I
Had the master in a 4 bedroom house. We hosted an Olympiad before moving in to see who would get it - we saw who could eat the most raw ginger, who could run the furthest after chugging a McDonald's milkshake without puking, and who could climb the highest up a tree. I won every challenge fair and square and earned that year of jetted tub and walk in closet.
>>
>>17997388
>Living with a woman
In a word? No.
>>
File: pablo.jpg (8KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
pablo.jpg
8KB, 195x259px
>>17997388
>living with a woman who you aren't fucking
WEW LAD. Give her the master bedroom; the other two guys are going to side with her by default, courtesy of the pussy pass, and as other anons have mentioned you really, *REALLY* don't want to share a bathroom with a woman.

She absolutely should pay a larger portion of the rent for it though; set the precedent early she isn't getting special treatment.

>>17998315
Eat a dick, you stupid cunt.

>>17997654
>>17997841
>putting the pussy on a pedestal to this degree
>mfw

>and the being the only girl argument stands
HOW DARE YOU ASSUME OP'S GENDER

But seriously, she knows what she's getting into, she shouldn't get special treatment. Honestly I think it's a shit idea and OP is going to have a bad time.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.