[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys I've been dating a guy for about 8 months now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4032.png (1MB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4032.png
1MB, 640x960px
Hi guys

I've been dating a guy for about 8 months now. And in the beggining he was really sweet and all. It changed over time and I know that it's normal. But lately I've been feeling really unhappy. He won't say sweet things to me anymore because he doesn't feel like saying them. He's been distant, he says that he needs more space in this relationship. And I get that, but I don‘t feel happy and don‘t know how to change that. I don‘t want to break up with him but also I don‘t want to make him feel unhappy with my neediness. I don’t know if it’s my fault and I’m just too needy, or maybe we need different things and it’s we’re not getting them from each other?
>>
>>17997185
also, we tried to talk about it. And when I asked him why was he so different in the beggining (we used to kiss a lot, now we don't kiss anymore, because he doesnt like it, it's usually just me kissing him) he said that it was different in the beggining because he was all about making me happy.

When I put this into words, it seems like he just doensn't like/love me anymore? And he's just waiting for me to break up with him? Even though when we talk about our relationship he says "let's both of us try harder" but it just doesn't work somehow.
>>
How do you spend your free time/what hobbies make you happy other than him? If you are always with him and rely on him for happiness then yes, you two need time apart to be alone and learn to become comfortable and happy in solitude. If you do plenty of other things and have other friends, but your dissatisfaction is purely contained to the boundaries of your relationship, then you should talk to him about how you feel he's been getting distant, provide examples to him of things he's done which come off as apathetic.
>>
>>17997197
Yes, I really think that I am relying on him for happiness... But I can't manage to enjoy my solitude without going to this other extreme - not needing/wanting him at all. And if I do that, once again, both of us are unhappy again. How do I fix that? Or I'm just too immature for a normal relationship?
>>
>>17997227
Sounds like you just need more of a clingy type of guy
>>
>>17997227
Sounds like abandonment issues to me

As far as the guy goes; Hes taking you for granted. There is no harm in making him sweat for you every one in a while, just don't do it up to a point where it's visibly annoying him.

IMHO, Guys like him aren't worth it in the long run, but some of them change after finding out how much they rely on you as well
>>
Natural progression in a relationship. You sound needy so you may want to find someone clingy and desperate. After a few months, both sides usually relax a bit and focus on things besides just their partner. Still, there should be some times were you set aside just for each other. Be it date night or just the dinner table. If thats not enough for you then you are going to have to date down to a beta who will worship you
>>
>>17997227
I think you may just need to reevaluate and take some time to yourself. Learn to create happiness through other means and by being by yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.