[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are dreams your subconscious telling you how to handle certain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170125_200603.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_200603.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Are dreams your subconscious telling you how to handle certain events in your life or is a dream just a dream?
>>
I used to give no thought to dreams at all, but then I dreamt about how someone I love was lying to me and exactly what they were lying about and hiding from me, so now I don't know what to think.
>>
I dreamt last night that I met the perfect girl. She loved me and I had never felt so happy. Then it turned out "she" was a trap, a faggot in a wig with a tiny cock. I felt sick, betrayed and humiliated. Whats worse is I had already kissed her and bragged to all my friends about how great "she" was.

Woke up and I've felt disgusted all day. The dream simply proves that I've been spending way too much time on 4chan.
>>
>>17997177
Dreams are your brain dumping the leftover emotions of the day, using whatever symbols it finds lying around in your memory. So, for example, if you were under a lot of pressure today, it will dig up some previous time you were overwhelmed, like perhaps a school exam, and you dream of that to get rid of the emotion.

So dreams are always about the dominant emotion, and not the plot or characters, which are almost accidental. The dream about a trap described above was not about sex, but about something during the day that led to feelings of having humiuliated yourself in some way.
>>
>>17997177
Yes.
>>
>>17997177
Dreams are your intuition communicating with you. There is more to life than what you see.
>>
>>17997177
Dude, I just had a dream where I was talking to a shrink and she said I have depression next thing you know I'm on the streets being followed by robot babies in furry outfits. So no, I don't think ao.
>>
Dreams are your brain sorting new memories by making associations while the logic centers are turned off. This dredges up ideas, memories, and all sorts of stuff, and throws them together into a mishmash of stuff.

However, if there is something in particular that has been on your mind or in your subconscious, sometimes that becomes the focus of the dream because you've spent so much time thinking about it.
>>
>>17997177
Dreams are your subconscious trying to solve problems, remembering memories or storing memories (in the sense that a computer saves something from the RAM to a HDD for permanent storage).
They don't have meanings outside of current influences, anxieties or things being on your mind.
Dreams don't tend to flow too well either, so the solution in a dream will not work in reality, there's a reason you can't remember how you came to where you were in a dream or even between dreams.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.