[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is worse, moving into a 3-bed with my boyfriend and a slightly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1484343863125.jpg (44KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1484343863125.jpg
44KB, 480x358px
What is worse, moving into a 3-bed with my boyfriend and a slightly sketchy dude to save money or moving into a 1-bed out of desperation to save twice as much money?

Been dating for exactly a year, since day one we have been alternating staying at his place and mine, it has actually gone pretty great although sometimes I want some me-time and was looking forward to having my own room to work in. Also, our families are not gonna like this.
>>
>>17996145
Move into the 1 bedroom.

Save your money.
>>
>>17996145

whats wrong with having a 1 bedroom with your boyfriend? hwo is that in any way bad?
>>
>>17996145
Not a bf/gf situation but one of my friends moved into a 1 bedroom apt for a year in college (bunk beds)
Things went okay until the other girl stopped going to class and was in the house all the time. My friend never got the house to herself. Ever.
Killed the friendship dead.
>>
>>17996150
Statistically at our age (under 24) it's a relationship killer, especially since we are unmarried. I would like to not skip steps with this kid because he's pretty great.
>>
>>17996145
Anyone you describe as sketchy will be trouble. If you don't think the 1 bedroom will work, then you need to find another room-mate. A non-sketchy one.
>>
>>17996224

oh wait in the htree bedroom you'd have seperate rooms? i mean i feel like it wont make much of a difference youre living under the same roof either way
>>
>>17996241
Sketchy was me trying to simplify. His previous living situation ended under weird circumstances, but he is very consistent, runs an afterschool program for an entire elementary school. The other thing is that he has a medical problem that keeps him from driving so it's a 2 hour bus commute... Until recently I thought he absolutely couldn't move this far north but he's suddenly saying he can and could switch schools?? My big hesitation about roommates is that every fourth roommate we tried to get committed and then bailed last second for crazy reasons. ("By the way I was evicted three weeks ago!" "oh shit I didn't know I signed a lease!" "Oh I forgot to mention I have two dogs!")
>>
>>17996255
It wouldn't be ultra different, that's true, but it's different enough that our families approve and I feel like I have a separate space and can leave without feeling pressure. My last(first) relationship was really long and really bad so I'm trying to get this right and not rush too fast.
>>
>>17996269
youre really bad at clarification and communication

quite frankly i don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

i cannot help you.
>>
>>17996277
Lmao. Would you like me to walk you through it? What is difficult for you, exactly?
>>
>>17996224
So by 1-bed, do you mean studio? Like one room?

Do you really need to move out? If your families don't like it, then I take it they are happy supporting you both. Consider how much money and stress you are going to pay for the novelty of independence with someone you've only been dating a year. People move out and pay rent because they need to. And frankly, you don't get the luxury of independent rooms for "me-time". I'm not trying to be a spoil-sport, these were all the realities my GF and I had to understand ourselves.
>>
>>17996284
Studio is not a 1-bed. 1-bed is a one bedroom apartment (or room in some other situation, but it would likely be an apartment.)

We do both need to move out. No clue why you think our families are necessarily interested in financially supporting us ... Did you think we were teens?

Having a separate space isn't really a luxury, especially in a relationship. My last relationship lasted six years. You do not want to feel financially interdependent on someone who starts to treat you like garbage and you REALLY shouldn't skip steps in a relationship just save money. Anybody could tell you that.
>>
>>17996300
seems like your mind is already made up, not sure what you want advice on? You're definitely alone in thinking moving out into a 1-bed with your partner is "desperate" or that it's skipping relationship steps. Personally I feel moving in with a third-wheel sounds like the desperate move and will inflict more on the relationship than imposed on personal space.

All that aside, I really think you should hold out for a better flat-mate. Most rent horror stories started off with perfectly fine seeming tenants who got worse and worse over time. So if this guy already seems sketchy off the bat it's likely this will end very badly.
>>
I moved in with my long distance relationship almost the day I moved to the country she was living in. I wanted to stay by myself for a while but she got angry at me for going back to my place.

We're married now and I still have barely ever experienced dating a girl without living with them. Every day feels the same
>>
>>17996224
Why would it kill the relationship? What has marriage got to do with it?
>>
>>17996300
There are no steps. Your delaying tactics will end this.
>>
>>17996145
stay away from the sketchy dude it will cost you. Go small now, save money and get your own larger place when you can afford it.
>>
>>17996145
Don't move into a sketchy situation. You can always get more money but you can't get unraped.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.