[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, I want your take on something regarding teacher degeneracy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0632.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0632.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
/adv/, I want your take on something regarding teacher degeneracy.

Despite getting a 72% on her speech, my 14 year old daughter was accused plagiarism this morning by her 38 year old teacher.

He highlighted words such as "slump" and "viewership" and wrote underneath, "not your words, girly".

I want your honest take here: does it strike you as unprofessional and creepy that a 38 year old teacher is calling his 14 year old student "girly"? Put yourself in my shoes.

What would you say to this manlet? What course of action would you take?
>>
Its not that creepy people can use the word girly without being a pedo but he seems like hes a bit of a duche.
>>
>>17995912
"Slump in viewership" is something I can totally see a kid picking up from TV or whatever.

And yes, depending on context, "girly" probably isn't appropriate for a teacher to be calling kids.
>>
>>17995922
This. I think he's being more condescending than creepy.
>>
you sound like an over-protective manager mom. it's not as creepy as much as it is patronizing which i think was more of the target he was hitting.

i think the bigger concern is that he thinks your daughter plagiarised just because of those two words.... they aren't difficult vocabulary to understand or use even for a 14 y/o.
>>
>>17995922

Would you call your co-workers daughter, "girly"? Creep.
>>
>>17995934
i dunno, "girly" is pretty much like the female equivalent to "kiddo".
and i would use "kiddo" to any kid. because it's a kid.
>>
>>17995946

Yeah, exactly, you would use "kiddo", not "girly". This is a professional, not just some random individual.
>>
>>17995934
Im not a mentor/gaurdian for my coworkers daugter, its a different senario.
>>
>>17995958

Why would you care about how your coworkers daughter manages in school? Are you just looking for something to be offended by?

Do you not think teachers take shit from tiger parents and snowflake defenders on a daily basis that they need you, a stranger, sticking your nose where it doesn't belong?

Do you not think this teachers job is hard enough that he is forced to teach to a test and not actually educate children?

You need real problems to worry about, because your life sounds too awesome right now.
>>
Girly was a poor choice of word, and proves the teach is an asshole. That is serious, but not the big problem here.
Claiming plagiarism for using words is unprofessional. If it was a complex sentence that was published somewhere, that might be plagiarism. Fight that.
Be happy that your daughter is doing well in school, and tell her that she hasn't done anything wrong.
>>
I think you need to clarify to the teacher that she didn't plagarize. Leave it at that.

The rest of this "revenge" stuff is foolish.
>>
>>17995912
He's just an asshole. Chill your tits. Tell him that your kid didn't plagiarize and he's wrong to accuse without proof. Just because he didn't articulate himself well at 14 doesn't mean your daughter can't
>>
>>17995912
I'd raise some hell. Partially because that's a really condescending way to phrase a correction, mostly because it'll be fun
>>
>>17995912
Teacher (not him) here.

Two observations:
1. You don't know the context. It may be the normal classroom mode for this teacher to call the kids "girly" or "fella" or whatever. That's still a little bit out of the ordinary, but not aimed exclusively at your daughter and almost certainly without any sexual intention.
2. As a teacher most of the plagiarisms I#ve caught were exactly this situation. There are turns of phrase or modes of argument that professional writers or journalists can use with ease but that even the brightest teenager is not going to think of. I very rarely start with "I know exactly where this was copied from" but rather "No teenager wrote this".

If you want to carry this further, don't get outraged or accuse him of degeneracy. Just say you don't feel that patronizing language like that is appropriate for the classroom. But I'd suggest you let it slide and devote your attention to the fact that your daughter is plagiarizing.
>>
>>17995973
Um what
>>
>>17996175
>It may be the normal classroom mode for this teacher to call the kids "girly" or "fella"
>almost certainly without any sexual intention.
literally impossible
>>
North American here. It's kinda creepy and unprofessional for this teacher to be calling your daughter "girly" since we know what the connotations usually are. Whether or not the teacher meant to come across that way or not is up for debate. That's something you can bring up when you meet with him. Talk about your discomfort and distrust regarding his attitude towards your daughter. Go from there.
>>
i'd be more worried about the teacher automatically thinking your child would plagiarize. is he out to get her? does he dislike her? would that dislike affect him properly grading her?
>>
>>17995912
In the old days you could walk up to a fresh mouth teacher and punch them in the mouth.
>>
>>17996568
In the old days children weren't coddled like this
>>
>>17996571
I agree. Children these days are digital pussies.
>>
>>17996175
I agree entirely on both his points. a professional relationship between a student in eigth/ninth grade and a teacher is very casual. using girly is likely used harmlessly, and it would out of line for you to react.
>>
>>17996175
Your second point is shit. Plagiarism is fuckign serious and picking up words or turns of phrases from stuff that kids read/watch is not fucking plagiarism. If you find it suspicious follow up on it and find what they plagiarized from, but dont dismiss it as plagiarism straight up and punish the kid.

I had a fucking shit head programming teacher in highschool who accused me of plagiarism because I wrote about objective based programming for a 400 word essay for a goddamn programming class and because I used phrases and vocabulary that are barely above a highschool level. I had nearly fucking aced the writing portion on my SAT that year of course I wrote like a motherfucking G. I was livid at the words he had circled, I dont even remember what they were it was so basic. Had to meet with the fucking principal and my English teacher had to be in the meeting to confirm that the essay fit my typical writing style.

Fuck you and your condescending, cynical ass. Dealing with shitty fucking teachers like yourself who underestimate the intelligence of your students; being so fucking jaded because you suck at your chosen profession are one of, if not a major reason why education in the USA is so fucked.
>>
>>17995912
Pics or didn't happen OP don't forget time stamp
>>
>>17995912
>I'm ashamed my daughter got caught plagiarizing so I'm going to accuse her teacher of being a pedo.

You're wasting your energy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.