[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I confess my love to a long time friend or should I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170125_071954_538.gif (482KB, 387x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_071954_538.gif
482KB, 387x368px
Should I confess my love to a long time friend or should I just keep bottling it up and move on.
>>
Ask her if she wants to go on a date
>>
>>17995738

this
>>
>>17995731
Do it. Regardless of the outcome, you wont forgive yourself for pussing out later on.

Be prepared that IF you get turned down that contact will be rare for a while, but if you REALLY want to stay friends; give her some time and then patch things up again
>>
Tell her but understand it may change the relationship forever. As in she feels the same way or she never will. Be prepared for both. If you value the friendship try to work on not seeing her so much and looking for someone else to meet your emotional needs or you will be stuck forever having a one sided love that may turn to resentment. At the end of the day will you regret not knowing how she will feel or possibly losing the friendship forever or that she will be your friend no matter what but can't see you as a boyfriend? Good luck! :)
>>
i'm telling you this from experience. Don't say anything
>>
>>17995742
>you wont forgive yourself for pussing out later on
This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

Can't stress that enough OP.

I had a very close friend that I was in love with. We used to laugh so hard and text each other all the time. Late at night if she had a sleep paralysis episode she would text me and wake me up and I would be there and let her know it was just a dream, not an omen.

When she was broken up and got hammered at a bar, she texted me at 2am on a work night and I crawled out of bed and I got her and she demanded I take her to my place because she didn't want to be alone and when I got her inside she put her head on my shoulder and wrapped her legs around mine and fell asleep. I tucked her in on the couch and went to bed

Except we never talked about it. I never told her how I feel and now she's with someone else and I will never know if she ever felt the same way about me.

Two years later I'm still wondering.
>>
>>17995742
>you wont forgive yourself for pussing out later on.

This is a fucking lie.

Creepy loser virgin here. Some people just need to know their place in life. I know damn well what would happen if I ever let a girl know I had any sort of feelings towards her, and I sure as shit know that I'd regret the result of that a fuck-tonne more than I would ever regret keeping my mouth shut.

You can forgive yourself for keeping your mouth shut. It's easy. I do it every fucking day.

You won't forget the result of telling her just to end up being labelled and alienated as a "creep".

Know your place, OP. Over-reaching is bad. Killed Icarus.
>>
>>17995767
>Creepy loser virgin here.
You're assuming everyone is like you.
>>
>>17995782

He's asking 4chan whether or not he should "confess" his love to someone who considers him a friend.

The only difference between me and him is I didn't take the advice of anonymous strangers on the biggest troll hive of the internet.

Secondly, I was merely pointing out that the people saying "You won't forgive yourself for pussing out" was fallacious. They too, are assuming everyone is like them and that for some people, keeping their mouths shut is the preferable option. That the regret could potentially come from "not pussing out".

Rather than trying to escape the "friendzone", OP is much better off looking for a woman he has a connection and chemistry with and asking her out in a timely manner rather than waiting god-knows how long till he's labelled a friend rather than acquaintance.
>>
>>17995808
I don't think anyone is trying to troll him.

Everyone has different experiences and thus different views.
>>
>>17995731
Think it through, talk it over. If you're close "friends" than you honestly can just bring it up.

"Hey, do you want to date?". If not, you're good as friends, that much has been proven. If yes, try it out.

I had a case where we simply talked it over, decided that we want different things out of a relationship and it's best if we stay as very close friends (as in we can freely talk about everything, but don't engage physically in anything else than hugs).

If she's a "friend" as in you know each other and talk from time to time, go for it. All the better, since you lose little if it doesn't work out.

BTW OP, is your friend single at the moment?
>>
>>17995731

I had something similar happen. Wasn't love, but it was attraction that I didn't want, (she was being too physical with me, and I was reciprocating because it felt nice.)

I thought it was the right thing to tell her, but now I'm not so sure. Our friendship is a lot more distant now, and I have zero physical affection in my life. It will probably be better in the long run, but in the short run it was really fucking bad. Your pic is very related.

Just think long and hard about the pros and cons. You know much more about the situation than us.
>>
>>17995731
I ask the same thing regularly on the back of my head.

Due to fear eating me up, I don't ask. I know several girls I wish to go out with, but A. I've been friends with them since 1st grade, or B. friends since college, or C, I fear asking them out would decimate what little first impression power I had left (and it's small). Anything in between, maybe, but I barely remember those bitches.
>>
>>17995731
What are the circumstances? That would be a major point in all of it.
>>
>>17996589
>>17995731
I just did it, expecting a no, fucking fearing for my life, oh dear god why did I do it?
>>
>>17996696
Alright, she hasn't even responded.
Well, fuck me, I just wanted an answer.
Even a no would suffice, as it would end the suffering of waiting so very fucking long.

Hell, she even has a phone. An IPHONE. THE FUCK TAKING U SO LONG GURL!?
>>
>>17996726
>>17996696
When I confessed to my long time friend she didn't even bring it up, let alone reply, for a couple days. It was a huge realization thing. I not so casually was sleeping over and we just couldn't rest like normal, so I took my shot. Two days I sat in total horror. Don't let her have that long if Scrubs has anything true to say about the limit of non interaction until she convinces herself to not move forwards with it.
>>
>>17995731
Repression is always a bad option so go for her, OP.
>>
>>17995731
I confessed to a good friend of mine, she said she never thought of me as something more.

Long story short, our friendship has pretty much ended since then. I know all this bullcrap about how rejection is better than regret, but still can't help but think how our relationship would be different if I kept my mouth shut
>>
>>17997201
It only gets worse from then on, trust me.
>>
>>17997218
I know it gets, it didn't happen yesterday
>>
>>17995742
This keep a nice joint/blunt next to you when you ask and when it's a no just get high
>>
>>17995742
Completely agree, if you get rejected you can start the healing process and move on. If you never admit it you'll never know, just be in limbo forever. Not the best feeling in the world
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.