[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I not get too excited about new potential relationships,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20150807_205736.jpg (808KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150807_205736.jpg
808KB, 3264x2448px
How can I not get too excited about new potential relationships, but still not become indifferent to it?

Whenever I meet a new girl or start dating someone I am always very optimistic and excited about it. I always imagine a very happy continuation for the relationship, and want nothing more than to talk to her all the time (I obviously hold back).
Problem is that I sometimes get hurt by it, because obviously most things don't succeed and emotionally investing in everything is a dangerous strategy.
But on the other hand, when I try to calm myself down and remember that most relationships don't amount to anything, I feel really indifferent about it, I enjoy the conversations and dating a lot less and become a lot worse at flirting.
Is there a good way to balance?
>>
focus on other things (self inprovement). women should be an afterthought. you should also be working on many different potential girls at the same time. they are flakey as hell so don't get attached to one prospect. I currently have 4 that I'm working on, if one flakes on me I really don't give a single shit, and they can feel that.
>>
>>17995670
I don't enjoy building the relationships when I'm working on parallel channels, and I don't want anyone I am dating to feel like they aren't important to me. I do agree the self improvement is important and it is something that I am working on, but I don't see how it helps me with my problem.
>>
>>17995677
you asked a question , you got the answer, but you don't like the answer. so continue on the path youre on and stop complaining, or take a different path.
>>
>>17995685
Your answer was bad, perhaps you think it is the only answer because you don't have enough life experience, but it certainly doesn't work for me. I used to date multiple girls at the same time 10 years ago and it never brought me any joy, in fact I find that the possibility/distraction/temptation of another relationship always hurt my ability to fully commit to a relationship when it was indeed needed.
I can think of several solutions off the top of my head, but was wondering what people here might think, and I am still hopeful that people will comment with their thoughts.
>>
All you need to know is that women will fuck you over eventually, no matter what. Keep that in mind and you're golden.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.