[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been trying to enlist in the Army for 14 months now. To be specific,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Trumper+comp44_e88100_6027885.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Trumper+comp44_e88100_6027885.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
Been trying to enlist in the Army for 14 months now. To be specific, I am 28 with a grad degree and am trying to apply to a new program which lets you join straight into CID which are basically felony level MPs. It would open up a lot of doors for me and I don't have any doubts about doing it.

My problem is getting cleared to go get my physical. Recruiters are incompetent, for the most part. The really bad ones were cycles out about 3 months ago, but the new ones aren't much better. Constantly losing my paperwork, saying they sent my stuff up to MEPS when they never did, are subtlety trying to get me to switch to enlist into something else which I don't want to do. At this point I am starting to think they are intentionally sabotaging me because I am trying to join something that isn't expedient to their quotas.

I call twice a week at least, and they either say they "haven't heard anything yet", or the guys I deal with are out of the office, and they'll call me back but they never do. Nothing ever changes.

I still really want to join, and as far as the career path I want to take there aren't a lot of options besides this.

Only recruiting station for hundreds of miles.

What do?
>>
If you really want to be in the Army and the nearest recruiters are POSs then you are going to have to go far out if you REALLY want it. You can wait for the recruiters to move out or file a complaint against them, I think there is either an email you can use or a phone number to call them.
>>
>>17996312
By moving out I mean wait for them to rotate.
>>
>>17995606
Fucking go OCS. If you're physically fit and as smart as you say you are, you will commission out of OCS and probably get to pick your branch.

Why the fuck would you go enlisted with a degree? You're going to come in as an E-4 making $2,100 and living in the barracks. 0-1 makes at least $3,100.
>>
Do you know if that position is open? There could be a large backlog thats delaying the process, especially if its a "first come first serve" process.
>>
>>17996510
This a million fucking times
>>
>>17995606
Tell them if they keep dragging their feet you'll happily walk over to the navy/marines/Air Force and you'll call their command and detail to them exactly why they've lost a potential soldier
>>
>>17995606
Those are communist saboteurs doing unwork.
>>
>>17995606

ask in the weapons 4m they have daily mil enlistment thread
>>
>>17996510
>>17996510
It isn't that simple. I ultimately want to do federal law enforcement, and being a CID Special Agent in the Army lets you a) walk right into civilian CID and b) makes you a thousand times more competitive than anyone else coming out of the military. These are jobs that 100 may apply for and only 1 will get.

You also get BAH for this because you carry 24/7, so it isn't a bad deal. To be honest it's pretty disjointed from the Army. As I understand it, your chain of command is a warrant (which you can eventually apply to be) and the Army chief of staff.
>>
>>17996788
No, actually it's pretty fucking annoying because I am the first applicant to seriously attempt this program through my office, and it's a pretty big office.

It isn't that popular because not many people know about it and it's the only enlisted position that requires a bachelor's. Because these motherfuckers have taken so long with it they've hurt my chances at selection though, because it was recently opened up to additional degrees accepted. It was only 4 now I think it's 8 or 9.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.