[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've lost all confidence in myself. Every time I try something,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: smithbighead.jpg (24KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
smithbighead.jpg
24KB, 321x306px
I've lost all confidence in myself.

Every time I try something, I feel deep shame over my inevitable failure.

What do I do?
>>
Keep doing thing despite feeling shame and then when you don't fail you will regain confidence.
>>
Understand that the only way to progress is to fuck up as much as you can. Success is a mountain of failures.
>>
>>17995275
I've failed so many times already. I can't waste any more time.

Maybe it's time to just admit defeat.
>>
>>17995125
>>17995275
> this
The world would like you to feel as if it's the people who ace every class and who succeed in everything they do, that are the epitome of success, but they're wrong.
In fact, it's the people who have never really struggled with failures that get complacent, think to themselves "mmmm you know what, this is good enough", and ultimately fall short of their potential.
I am convinced my parents could've been well respected experts in their fields and multimillionaires if they had kept going.
My dad could've been a brilliant engineer, but instead he became a pharmacist who now just sits in a cubicle all day doing paper work and trying to coordinate different departments. He does the work of 3 people and is consistently stressed and irritable due to the lack of cooperation from other departments.
My mother had incredible drive and become a oncologist. She could've been a part of some great research teams all around the country with her stellar resume, but now she just sits behind a counter filling out forms until someone needs to be hooked up to their chimo.
> So why am I telling you this?
Neither one of them have ever truly failed, nor have they ever risked it all. They always played it safe in life, they always did what they were told, they always got good grades, they always kept their head down and went with the flow, they never challenged social norms or any type of authority. And because of this, they fell short. They took whatever job payed the best, and them they just stayed there. Was it good money? We're they helping people? Yes to both of those questions, but because they viewed failure, as well.....failure...And a disgrace, rather than an opportunity to improve themselves and push the boundaries of what was previously thought possible, they never reached their full potential and now that same mentality has oozed into the next generation.
>>
keep failing . when you fail repeatedly in The same direction, you're learning and making progress
>>
>>17995536
So have i, but I am convinced that if I keep trying, eventually I'll get it and some day when I have finally made it, I can look back and laugh at the times when I doubted myself.
>>
>>17995125
Life is hard, especially if you give up.

Hard work pays off, and hard work gets recognized. As long as you put effort into everything you do it shows people that you have the proper mindset

I used to be in your shoes until it got drilled when i joined the military. It teaches a lot more than shooting guns and not getting killed.

Honestly, I owe the fact i didnt end up in the gutter to the fact the military taught me how to keep going when odds are against you.
>>
>>17995125

take a break from succeeding. do things you want to do for fun and nothing else.
>>
>>17995621
All I want to do is lie around and watch TV.

I've been like this for almost a year. I want my life back.
>>
>>17995125
Failure sucks. It really hurts. You know what? It's just a speed numb lesson though. Instead of seeing not doing well or making mistakes as failures, see them as ways to learn how not to do something. Making a mistake, failing, it doesn't mean you're defined as a failure. Don't ever think that for one second anon. Think back to your most recent mistake or "failure" what was it and what can you honestly learn from it?
>>
>>17995634
You can't.
>>
>>17995536

tha fuck you think? that everyone else is just good at everything they do for the first time?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.