[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>renting >carpet on floor has developed a dark stain due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1477557826444.png (164KB, 405x289px) Image search: [Google]
1477557826444.png
164KB, 405x289px
>renting
>carpet on floor has developed a dark stain due to water
>area is completely dry now but the stain is still there

Any idea on how to get the stain to go away? Needs to be discreet, I cant hire a professional to come here and fix it.
>>
>>17995053
you're under some obligation to discreetly clean the carpet? try some carpet cleaner, you just rub that shit in, wipe excess, wait for it to dry, then vacuum.
>>
>>17995053

you can RENT a carpet cleaner btu the unfortunate truth is that stains often burrow into the material beenath the carpet. you clean the carpet and then in a week it just absorbs that stain again.

source: my boss wont stop this viscious cycle
>>
>>17995059
I live on campus, I do not want the administration to get involved or know about it.

>>17995060
Its just a water stain so hopefully its not below the carpet.
>>
>>17995075
>>
>>17995053

Sure."water".

Pull it up, use bleach under the carpet. Wear gloves (You should be doing this anyway) and scrub. Hard.

As for the carpet, you really don't want to keep it, it could be used as evidence.
However if you can't get rid of it and if it is white, bleach the carpet also.

If not, it might just be worth bleaching the entire carpet and dyeing it the right colour back.

Depends on the lengths you're willing to go to, in order to cover up this dark "water" stain.
>>
>>17995053
what was in this water? are you sure the carpet isn't just wet?
>>
>>17995236
The carpet i snot the kind that i can pull up. Its honestly just water, i put a wet platsic bag on it and the water seeped into the carpet i guess.

>>17995255
I just had a wet plastic bag and put it on the carpet. It should just be water. Its not wet, its perfectly dry to the touch (i just checked) and the stain has been there for more than a week now.
>>
>>17995276
>The carpet i snot the kind that i can pull up.

Then you dun goofed.

Next time, spill "water" in a better place.

>Its honestly just water,

I know. Wink wink. Just water.

> i put a wet platsic bag on it and the water seeped into the carpet i guess.

Now why, would you leave a wet (with water, got to make that point) bag (let's just presume it is empty and does not have something leaking "water" out, inside of it) on a fucking carpet.

Sounds to me like you're better off moving, quickly. Make sure to look up extradition laws - you wouldn't want to move somewhere full of fleeing criminals, would you.

That, or find a way to cover the carpet up. A nice decorative rug maybe.
Though, there is a chance "cleanliness inspectors" will do a thorough sweep of the place and find it.
>>
I've never heard of "water" staining a carpet.

Apartment complexes replacing carpet is usually pretty cheap though. I have pets and I'm clumsy with sodas, so I always stain my apartment carpets and I've never been charged more than $35 afterwards.

My dog once ripped up a whole section of carpet and I was so embarrassed I looked into getting it replaced by an outside company and they were going to charge $200. Instead I waited to see how much it would get charged after move out....$35.
>>
>>17995315
The entire floor of my room is covered in water, and i didnt have anywhere else to put the wet plastic bag. I figured the carpet would just dry and there would be no problems.

The bag had toiletries in it, so at worst there might be some residual soap mixed with the water.

Are you saying that the stain is unremovable for some reason?
>>
>>17995367
derp, i meant to say that the entire floor of my room is covered in carpet
>>
>>17995276
It's mold you idiot. get it cleaned.
>>
>>17995053
Get some upholstery cleaning foam. If that is not an option, a mix of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar should do the trick.
>>
>>17995440
why do carpet cleaner foam say you need to vacuum the area after letting the foam dry?
>>
File: billy-mays.jpg (70KB, 356x202px) Image search: [Google]
billy-mays.jpg
70KB, 356x202px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.