[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are magic tricks dorky? I'm good at them, but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0674.jpg (102KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0674.jpg
102KB, 1240x775px
Are magic tricks dorky? I'm good at them, but I don't know how to perform them for people and seem cool. I do this slight of hand routine with coins that kids love, but I don't know how to casually segue into it when I'm talking with people I know. I know plenty of card tricks too, but I feel like I'd look like a tool if I carried a deck of cards around with me.
>>
>>17994669

they can be dorky. they can be cool. it mostly depends on how you look and to a lesser degree, how you act.

if you look like a chad, its cool. if you look liek a dork. its dorky. though dorky and cool aren't mutaully exclusive. dorks think what they love is coool, and it is to dorks so...

my best friend was a magician and it was pretty cool.
>>
>>17994669
I've gone out with girls I've shown magic tricks to. Though that might be in spite of. If you're confident, make some jokes about it and don't drag it on for too long then people will like it
>>
>>17994669
it looks dorky if it's forced, meaning if you carry a deck of cards around and ask people if they wanna see a magic trick

but if you have some magic trick that doesn't involve cards, that you can quickly and simply pull off at the bar it can make you the life of the party
>>
>>17994680
Yeah, it's more of an enhancer. If you're already dorky, you'll seem even more dorky. If you're already cool, you'll seem even more cool.

I'm a girl and my dad was a professional magician for a while, so it's usually a good thing for me no matter what since magic is a minor interest of mine as a result and I can talk to you about favorite tricks and stuff.
>>
>knowing how to do one or two tricks really well that you show off once in a blue moon
cool

>knowing many tricks that you haven't mastered that you are trying to practice on people constantly
annoying
>>
I hate it. I have a "magician" friend and everytime we hang out with him, he would always bring out his cards, interrupting whatever discussion we were having. We got sick of his shit and stopped hanging out with him.

I've also seen him do it to random girls, they get bored after the third trick.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.