[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if someone made a tinder anonymous app where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

What would happen if someone made a tinder anonymous app where there is no picture and you have first to meet and talk with the other person before you can see his pictures and the people that is available to you are compatible personalities from the meyers brig test also compatible tastes and hobbies?

I'm a software engineer asking opinions about this idea.
>>
Omegle w/o cam
>>
>>17994417
do omegle works locally?

I was thinking about something like tinder + facebook but anonymous.
>>
>>17994411

Sounds like a decent idea. Especially the meyers briggs part. I dont think it would take off huge. Id say if you added a file sharing feature so people can share photos before meeting youd have more success.

But definitely focus on the meyers briggs matching part. That part sounds fantastic.
>>
>>17994421
No, I mean your photos are private but you can easily send them.

Of course I was thinking about women being hypergamous and giving average males at least a chance to meet a girl, but It seems like a good idea in terms of privacy.
>>
>>17994419

Not as in GPS location, but if you set your location as an interest it kinda works.

I mean, your idea is interesting, even as a social network just to meet new friends. I just ment omegle because you could run some tests there in the anonymous part.

You do need some kind of identity control though, because I used omegle without cam on occasion and even then it was a lot of people just looking for sexting.
>>
>>17994441
no, I mean, my idea is meant to be something like:
GPS location (tinder)
social network to meet new friends (facebook)
location based groups, like NYC anime fans or barcelona fans from a city.
These groups works based on your IP location and you can only see the ones that are near to you.
These groups works as discord chats.

You could search friends by putting up the meyers brigg test, their interest and even the fetishes.

I think seeking people based on fetishes is completelly new.

Also, not tied to real identity, but simply usernames like twitter or reddit, but you can easily share personal information to other users, like photos, phones and etc.

I think many women would like a social network where they don't have to deal with assholes and creepy stalkers.

Also, a simple way to warn when there's another user near, like pokemon go or some shit like that.
>>
>>17994411
I'd use it. I really like it.
>>
Idk it would probably fail. Not many people are looking for a relationship anymore. That's part of the reason tinder was such a success. It was the platform to just try and find a hot body to fuck. Didn't have to pretend to be interested in all the other bullshit.
I have to say, everyone is shallow to some degree. Looks do matter, and not having that piece of information can break it. Lord knows I've talked with people on 4chins, felt like they were pretty compatible, but when I found out what they looked like, I realized I had no sexual attraction to them. And since I am a sexual being and would like to have sex with the person I'm dating, I couldn't date them. Just the way it works out.
>>
>>17994455
>I think many women would like a social network where they don't have to deal with assholes and creepy stalkers.

The problem with anonimity is that people use that to be assholes to women. So you'd need to repress these behaviours very harshly to avoid them, This would imply in having a team to check reports for unwanted behaviour and so on.

It is an interesting idea, but you will definitly need some way to repress unwanted sexual content harshly.
>>
>>17994469
I was thinking the same, but I think a lot of people feel frustrated about tinder because it does a poor job of seeking compatible people based on your tastes and interest.

It's a good tool for the top males and women who want to seek one night stands, but is terrible for women who want long term relationships.

Also, yeah, imagine if there was an ugly person near you, but he has a lot of your same tastes, wouldn't you want at least be his friend?

that holds some value at least, be it for picking up and be it for making new friends.

Facebook is terrible to make real new friends IRL, and tinder is terrible if you're seeking a relationship.

>>17994479
I think I could implement a star rating system, like google aps.
>>
>>17994469
Does it have to be *strictly* a dating app? I have a pretty hard time making new friends and maybe I'd use an app like that.
>>
>>17994411
Catfish app nice
>>
>>17994489
OP here.

I was beta max mode, literally r9k tier, but I started to work hard to become extroverted, eventually I succeeded and now can easily make new friends.

But a lot of people have trouble socializing, and I think an app that can help people find compatible people would be a better proposition than tinder.

I tried other hooking apps, but I only see the other person photo, and there's very few information about the other person tastes.

Who knows if that ugly fat girl also likes anime, or like sports or like the same type of music I do.

wouldn't it be great that spiritual conection that for many of us is more important than the physique?
>>
>>17994497
I don't meet new people all that much and in general have pretty niche hobbies and interests.
I am pretty pleasant to be around and have a few good friends and a happy relationship, but it's hard to meet new people in my area that share my interests, too.

Anyway, yes - I'd definitely use an app that makes me get in touch with people similar to me. Wouldn't be a great dating app, but surely would make it easy to find new friends or in general friends groups.
>>
>>17994504
I think is interesting my idea, I would kek if I implement the fetishes part.
>>
>>17994504
BTW I still dunno if I should allow from the beggining the photo or make it anymously.

sure the photo would make it popular, or it would be better without the photos?
>>
>>17994486
Agreed, it's not for anyone seeking a relationship period, regardless of their looks. Honestly, online dating period is very bad for trying to make a connection like that, because it's too forced. Good relationships grow from friendships, if you skip that phase altogether, then it's not likely to be very good or lasting.
Which is where I'll comment on this
>wouldn't you want at least be his friend?
If we met on a dating app, probably not. That's not the purpose he was meeting me for, he wanted to date me, and I don't want to date him. It's pretty well known that you can't be just friends with someone you're attracted to/wanted to date. It'll just be at best, him holding out hope I'll change my mind and want to date him. If you meet on a dating app, friendship is and never will be on the table, which is why I find online dating doesn't work very well. It's designed to cut corners and cut out the friendship phase altogether so you can skip straight into an intimate, and I mean intimate emotionally as well as physically, relationship.
>>17994489
It doesn't have to be, but the problem is you as a developer don't really get to decide that.
Tinder, for example, was and still is categorized as a "dating" app, despite the fact we all know it's for hook ups. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of users on this hypothetical app will not be using it for friendship. They'll be using it to date and/or fuck mostly, because that's the trend with these kinds of things these days.
Meaning, despite your best efforts to market this as a "friendship" app, the users will all view it as a dating app. Same as how users view tinder as a hook up app, despite it being marketed as a dating app.
>>
>>17994534
yeah, I do agree.

But there's a fundamental diference.

I'm looking to focus on the build friendship space, right now there's not way to filter tinder results.

What if I get a tinder where I can search locally girls who were into anime or they like a certain type of music or like fitness.

wouldn't it be better to see what kind of girls would be into the same hobbies I do?

what if the old lady in the next block also enjoys clasical music, or she draws, wouldn't i like at least to meet her, even if I don't want to fuck her?

Or wouldn't be great to make an event in my local park to meet other people who are into bodyweight exercises?

There's a lot of posibilities that are not being covered.

What if there was some fat fetishist or some guy who wants a girl into femdom?

Many posibilities.

Also tinder sucks as a social network.
>>
>>17994549
It'd be a nice experiment, I'll admit. I just don't see it working out that way given the trends and mindset of the current generation.
As I was getting at, it's going to be very hard to get your users to share your vision. They're likely just going to see another dating app that's kinder on the ugly maybe lol.

Honestly, what you're describing might be an enhanced version of meetup. People can start little hobby groups, add members, set up events, etc.
Which for what it is, meet up is a good site and good idea, the issue with it is that it's pretty saturated by the old folk, or so I've seen.
>>
>>17994486
>I think I could implement a star rating system, like google aps.

Maybe something like uber. Also, watch Blackmirror's Nosedive episode. If your app worked like that, it'd be great. Let people socialize with others based on their ratings. And make it have an option for blocking people below your standards treshhold that works both ways.
>>
File: pepe frog annoyed.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
pepe frog annoyed.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>>17994411
>Myers-Briggs
>>
>>17994556
I keep reading that a lot of people feel frustrated about online dating, it simply doesn't work.

I think the vast majority of people aren't really promiscous and a lot if not the majority of people really seek long term relationships.

I think tinder really deshumanizes a person where your only value as a human is a few seconds before the switch.

Most women feel anoyed about online dating because a lot wants that kind of spiritual conection friends have.

I think my idea is something diferent from all the shit I see, that clearly doesn't work.

>>17994557
Sure, so many posibilities, facebook fails at meeting new local people, people tend to fall into their old IRL friends and never meet people from your hood, meanwhile tinder does this but they don't allow to real connect with the other.

>>17994559
hey, it works.
>>
>>17994570
Well yeah, there have been a lot of studies going into the effectiveness of online dating and online relationships period (whether that relationship is platonic, romantic, or sexual) and in my eyes, it doesn't look good.

In my opinion, online shit doesn't work, period. There's not much you can do to fix that, because it's super impersonal. The socially inept like that, of course, because it gives them a chance, but I also find it becomes a crutch. The most effective way to form relationships is through the real world, imo. Online shit is nice for throw away type interaction, such as a quick ons, or someone to talk to for the night, but not so much for long lasting crap.
>>
>>17994411
will never work, 90% of attraction is physical 10% is not driving each other crazy
>>
>>17994600
I think there's a real niche about an online social network that allows you to meet new people IRL.

Do you remember all the craze about pokemon go?
people still want to socialize.

>>17994604
not really looking it to make it a tinder clone, more like a social network to meet new people IRL.
>>
>>17994628
eh yeah, but it doesn't last, is what I'm getting at. I mean, when I went out with pokemon go, I went out with current standing friends. Yeah, we would run into other players and say hi, but it's not like any of us were getting any contact info and planning to hang out.

Adult friendship is tricky, I can completely relate. It was much easier when we were kids and it was 100% socially acceptable to walk up to a stranger and say "Hi my name is anon, wanna play?" and then boom, you're instant friends.
The adult world is much more complicated. It's just not socially acceptable to bother strangers on the streets, there's only a handful of places where social interaction between strangers are appropriate, which I know is why online interaction became popular. But It's just so unnatural and forced it takes all the personality out of meeting people.
>>
>>17994640
I understand, but I think pokemon go is evidence my idea could work big.

Facebook is terrible to meet people IRL, tinder is terrible to make friends.

Imagine a facebook that worked like tinder, where you can filter users by your tastes, music, skills, hobbies, even fetishes.

I don't remember facebook having that or tinder also havint that option.

Imagine if just like pokemon go, you saw a girl and then you knew what her tastes were, what she likes and so on.

I'm talking from the experience of someone who still try to meet girls the old ancient way by trying to pickup them, and is hard.
>>
CTRL + G "rape" found 2 searches, don't you understand this will probably get people raped? I'm not saying it will happen to everyone, but it might increase the chance.
>>
>>17994660
just like tinder, you know?

also people still rape girls IRL without social networks.
>>
>>17994628
>not really looking it to make it a tinder clone, more like a social network to meet new people IRL.

you're missing my point, physical appearances play a huge part in romantic and platonic relationships, that's where first impressions are made and you're suggesting we remove that from the equation.

it works on 4chan but not in real life, it's not a good idea (if it did work 4chan meetups would be wildly successful but they're not)
>>
>>17994711
you're still using the love approach.

I'm not so sure about making it about your real life identity.

what if someone wants privacy?
what if someone doesn't want it's real identity tied on it?

you don't see people real photos on twitter accounts and yet is popular.
>>
File: American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg (216KB, 590x322px) Image search: [Google]
American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg
216KB, 590x322px
>>17994495
This. The app will be 95% gay guys trying to find a guy to blow them and potheads trying to score weed. I'm on OKC. If there's no pic, I skip by.

Women rule dating sites. That's just the nature of the Internet. You must cater to women if you want your site to succeed.
>>
>>17994411
>using a pseudoscience test to match romantic couples
Sounds like a terrible idea. Matching people by interest is fine. Just let people pick their interests (I don't think tinder does this)
>>
I personally would not use that app. Meeting up with someone I have no clue about seems kind of creepy.
>>
>>17995124
>she ignores the part that is about meeting the other person likes and hobbies beforehand
>>
>>17994411
sounds serial killer-y and rapey
>>
This is a great idea but allow people to upload profile pictures on profiles that they create. Keep the pictures visible and create some sort of chat system that doesn't require adding, with a whisper function.
>>
rather than using a meyers brigg/hobby thing because lets face it, neither really are that accurate. myself, i've changed from infj to infp to istj and sometimes it's some e___ shit. also as far as hobbies go, most people list boring, untelling shit like "netflix, travel, food." and if they do have niche hobbies, how often would they actually come across someone like that that gives an actual shit? i'm just saying... plenty of men and women lie about how genuinely interested they are in your hobbies if they find you attractive enough.

if you're looking for a "true love" sort of app, how bout one that makes you admit your flaws upfront? it could have a funny twist to it, but basically it's to force people to shake off the guarded image most people hold of themselves and allow others to open up. you can talk about something other than "hey what's up." you might get a glimpse of their type of humor. whatever.

you know those "little things" that drives people nuts about their s/o? well they can filter that shit now and save the long term issues.

the picture is important though. maybe make an in-app camera filter that ironically beautifies their pictures, snapchat style.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.