[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET here. How do I get my life back on track? I don't mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (30KB, 540x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 540x415px
NEET here. How do I get my life back on track?
I don't mean from a practical perspective - I've only been a NEET for about half a year. I'm talking about dealing with stressful situations. It seems that doing things that were normal to me before are now a huge source of anxiety for me.
For example, I went to my local community college to inquire about enrollment and the entire time I felt very uneasy and out of place. If I had to deal with any more human interaction than I did, I would have broken down.
Furthermore, how do I become comfortable with feeling obligated to do things and having responsibilities? It seems that now, I have zero tolerance for doing things I don't want to do or being in places I don't want to be in.
>>
Welcome to my life. Feeling that way led me to drop out of high school and everything I tried several times... I finished the mandatory part but I cannot go to uni until I finish it completely so that's what I'm trying to do. Have no idea how to help you since I struggle with it myself.
>>
>>17994082
you have to get out of your comfort zone and learn to be okay with being uncomfortable and out of place

daniel fucking tosh has stage fright to this day, but you'd never guess that watching his show because he overcame his fear

before jerry rice retired in his mid 30's he admitted in an interview that he still gets nervous before games.

you're not alone, but you will be unhappy if you don't push yourself
>>
>>17994082
Fucking feel you mate, being a neet for many months and doing enrollment is socially exhausting.
>>
I haven't had a job in 9 years. I have been officially self-employed for the past 5 but have made no money and the business never progressed beyond hobby-level size.

I have tried getting out more recently too and its fucking hard, OP, I know. I signed up for an art class and not only is it boring but being around strangers just feels so weird and stressful. I force myself to the gym but I go late at night when its fairly quiet and I can just get in the squat rack, put my earphones in and block everyone out.

The idea of having to deal with a boss and co-workers is mind bending.

> I have zero tolerance for doing things I don't want to do or being in places I don't want to be in.

Absolutely. I can't comprehend it. We've unintentionally bought this upon ourselves. At least you are only short-term NEET. Don't do what I did and drag it out your whole adult life
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>17994087
>>17994124
"exhaustion" is another good word for it. My first reaction to any sort of situation I don't want to be in is to just avoid it, and I suppose that means staying in all day.
>>17994121
You're partially right, but the thing is, why should I have to put up with shit I don't want to do in the first place? It's not a problem of "I am nervous to do x or y" but rather "I don't want to do x or y so why should I?"
>>17994128
The twisted part is that being a NEET for 9 years sounds like paradise to me when I know it shouldn't.
>>
>>17994128
>The idea of having to deal with a boss and co-workers is mind bending.
I feel you there, anon. Whenever my normie friends talk about having to deal with customers or having to do a group project/presentation in uni, I realize that stuff scares me more and more
>>
>>17994142

>The twisted part is that being a NEET for 9 years sounds like paradise to me when I know it shouldn't.

You won't be saying that when you are living with your mom in your 30s whilst all your old friends are rich and married.

I can offer no advice, I'm in no position to. I just urge you to try your best to get out of this situation whilst you can. Six months is nothing, you can cover that with an excuse to employers like you were self-studying or travelling etc. Don't ROT like I have done, dear anon.
>>
>>17994082
If you were fine before and just suddenely became this way it sounds like a change in brain chemistry..

Aka depression onset or an anxiety disorder or if this leads to you not leaving the house ever agoraphobia.

Depression and anxiety disorders can be very transient. If thats the case you should wait about 6 months to see if it goes away. Otherwise its clinical and you need a doctor.
>>
>>17994142
>The twisted part is that being a NEET for 9 years sounds like paradise to me when I know it shouldn't.
It definitely shouldn't, it's always hard to get back on track after a break, everybody your age and younger would have education, working experience...
>>
I don't come often on /adv/ but I know you guys have a neet general.
Can't find it so posting in here.

I'm looking at callcenter jobs in other EU countries but the things they ask (positive attitude, good in communication) is of course most neets don'tt have.
And the gap on my resume numbering years. How do I explain it?
Just looking at various jobs makes me feel anxious :(
>>
>>17994128
How do you live now? Are you not scared of the future if you continue this?
>>
>>17994216

Absolutely scared. I wake up every morning and dread the day ahead. I go to bed at night and stare into the darkness and feel nothing but shame and failure. I wake up at 3am from anxiety dreams and feel like I'm falling apart.

I'm not even an autist. I'm a reasonably good looking, 6'2, above average IQ white guy with friends and a conscientious attitude. I simply never had a plan when I was younger and always despised wage slavery, even in the short term. Social anxiety and general shyness made me hide away and the problem grew out of control.

The most insane thing is that every day I dream of a better life, I know 1000% what I need to do to improve and if I only had the courage and the self-discipline, I think I could find my way out of this hole. But there is a part of me that is so self-destructive and so conditioned to living a comfy life that I always allow myself to fall back into simply wasting the days and succumbing to fear.

There is no way I could ever explain myself to anyone to make them understand how I feel inside. I would probably be better off dead.
>>
>>17994245
You are not alone brother. I just wanted someone else's perspective on the same problem.
>>
>>17994142

you posted this thread because you're not happy with your current situation, you went through the stress and anxiety of enrolling at community college because you're not happy with your current situation.

being a NEET for 9 years sounds wonderful because you don't have to do a goddam thing, and that's exactly why you're unhappy now, 9 years from now you will feel suicidal, even though it seems wonderful right now in some twisted way.

don't end up being an 80 year old man saying "I wish I would've tried harder"
>>
>>17994406
8 years here. I can tell you the pain of regret is so big no amount of meditation, forgiving yourself or other self help stuff is going to fix it.
>>
>>17994433

>>17994245 here

Absolutely. The damage is done yet we still have decades of life ahead of us and that pain will only grow more and more by the year.

I've tried everything. Its no good. Like you said, no meditation, religion or self-help Tony Robbins style bullshit can make up for the wasted time and the damage done
>>
>>17994445
>>17994433
Is there anything to be done? Any escape from this hell?
>>
>>17994617
Just overdose on heroin. Its painless and you'll feel very happy
>>
>>17994617
I think so but it really depends on your circumstances
>>
>>17994737
Suicide is not really an option.

>>17994740
What are you thinking and what circumstances?
>>
>>17994785
Do you have an education already? Can you study for free in your country? Do you get paid for it? Do you know anybody that can help you get a job? Do you have any skills? Do you have any previous working experience?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.