[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been together one year, known each other several >amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2728.jpg (18KB, 145x144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2728.jpg
18KB, 145x144px
>been together one year, known each other several
>amazing relationship
>both late twenties
>move in together
>both very happy
>partner starts feeling down for short periods then feeling better - totally normal, has been like this forever
>I panic, worry it's something deeper, start to overanalyse everything
>convinced myself the relationship is going to fail, they're going to hurt me, they don't love me
>distance myself, start to criticise everything, become a less likeable person
>self-fulfilling prophecy, will eventually cause them to dislike me anyway
>they say I'm perfect now other than this criticising and worrying all the time

What can I do? I'm in a state of anxiety all the time, overanalysing behaviour, convinced they're avoiding me, avoiding sex, searching for something better. It's clearly not the case but I can't stop.

This person is the best thing to happen to me, I love them dearly but my strive for perfection and no issues at all is ruining it. I feel like now something has gone wrong, it's destined to fail, where as before I felt like I could be with the person forever no matter what.

Halp /adv/
>>
meditate . if that doesn't work try takkng some hallucinogens.

you might be subconsciously afraid of commitment and te idea of being stuck with this person
>>
>>17993981
Tell her all of that so she could understand how you feel and how it affects your current behaviour.
You describe her as a good person, she will understand, and you coul talk clearly about all of that, and so avoing this anxiety of being paranoid.
>>
its nice and all that you blame yourself foremost but there are 2 ppl in the relationship
did the other person change, why dont you feel safe anymore?
what changed?
>>
>>17993985

We've discussed it, I've tried to explain how I feel but they're coming back with the fact they feel constantly criticised (which is true). Now it feels like there's a cloud over everything and it's ruined regardless. I can only see things getting worse because of the pressure.
>>
>>17993990
Oh, i understand. Maybe try to do a list of what is negative between us and what is positive ? Sounds stupid, but sometimes it helps to see if there is a real struggle.
>>
>>17993992

I don't think there is. I honestly think it's me being self destructive and trying to preserve myself, which isn't really conducive to a positive relationship.
>>
>>17994003
Then try having a time alone, with nothing to think about. Like just a week where you do what you want, no phone, no thing. And the ncome back and check if you feel better with yourself and your girlfriend.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.