[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm regularly told my voice is annoying and hard to lis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: shutterstock_125814494.jpg (4MB, 4800x3200px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_125814494.jpg
4MB, 4800x3200px
I'm regularly told my voice is annoying and hard to listen to. What do? I thought it was just some people being dicks here and there, but it happens pretty regularly throughout my life, and now I'm concerned and feel like shit.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TFnquGmY4Q
>>
>>17993862
dont be rude!!
>>
>>17993862
Sorry thought I was on b, actually your voice just sounds really young. I wouldn't mind talking to ya.
>>
Honestly, it's average. But how old are you? Here you sound about 16.
>>
>>17993855
I think you sound normal? How old are you?
>>
>>17993876
>>17993875
>>17993866
god damn. I'm 25. It doesn't help that I look 16 too. Am I Benjamin Button?
>>
your voice is adorable !! i think it's so cute
whoever tells you it's not is deaf
>>
>>17993855
Your voice is fine. I suppose it could be the context of the conversation which sets people off, but that's not my place to say
>>
Just change your voice. I don't like my voice so haven't used my real voice in over 10 years. I naturally use my lower vocal cords but instead actively use my higher ones.
>>
>>17993855
Your voice is fine. Might just be that people don't like you. If multiple people from the same social group are telling you this, they may be dogpiling.

Your voice might also sound differently when you're stressed.

I don't know. It's not something I would worry about.
>>
Your voice is awesome and you sound really intelligent.
I am a straight guy.
Let me make love to your voice.
>>
>>17993855
Just do tech demos or lets plays. You have the perfect internet voice.

Just make sure to keep it monotone and remember to like, favorite, and subscribe.
>>
>>17994010
can't tell if sarcastic
>>
>>17994018
You have the voice for it. It isn't as annoying as you made it seem. It's lioe male asmr except for instead of relaxing you're telling me why I'm getting runtime errors, or where to find this special armor, or something.

Your voice is fine.
>>
I really like your voice, actually. It's a bit monotone, but imo that makes it relaxing and easy to listen to.

<3
>>
>>17993855
Nothing wrong with your voice. Clear and easy to understand. I didn't notice any annoying characteristics.
Caveat: If you have a cheap microphone its range of registered frequencies might be severely limited. It may very well cut off or considerably dampen the frequencies of your voice that are "annoying".
>>
Sounds like me
Some people have made fun of my voice too
I say they can go fuck themselves
>>
Do you always talk to everybody like you did in the sample? You could've been self-conscious or something since you knew you were recording.
But otherwise your voice is fine, maybe people who say it's annoying just find you annoying in general? Dunno, I just don't think anything is up with the way you sound. I actually have an annoying voice though, people always think I'm upset or pissed and tell me I should chill and calm down. It's fucking irritating, it's like having a voice-version of resting bitch face
>>
>>17993855
it's the speed that's annoying talk faster or add emotion it sounds autismol/condescending
>>
Not 2 bad
>>
>>17993855
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TFnquGmY4Q
it's not that annoying at all man, stop worrying about it.
>>
It's not so bad. The art of manliness has a good video about manly voices you should check it out.
t. grill
>>
>>17994213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-DKyAVU34

How is this voice? (from the white hair guy) it's the archetypal male hero voice, doubt anyone talks like this irl, but as a guy I think it's cool and funny at the same time.
>>
you have 9/10 qt voice
>>
If you speak like you did in the sample then you're golden. Nothing wrong, maybe its your imagination.
>>
I like it. Don't worry about it
>>
>>17993855
Your voice is fine dude. You should listen to mine, it sounds like an opera singer getting emotional or something.
>>
>>17993855
Dip your nuggets.

You're speaking from your nose rather than your diaphram.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eSGqeuGK85
>>
Your probably a woman and thats why its annoying. If thats the case then only thing you can do is join a lesbian feminazi group.
>>
You just sound a bit like you're trying to be quiet / unconfident / thinking a lot about what you want to say. I'm like that too, I have a reasonably slow and deliberate way of talking because I'd rather have more time to think, I can't spew words at lightning speed like some folks. Some people don't have time for it, but fuck 'em, the people that matter do.
>>
>>17993855
Sounds a little nasal. Try speaking from your chest instead of your throat
>>
>>17994118
Same here. People tell me I kinda sound like I'm whining. It makes me seem like much more of a bitch then I really am (though I'll admit I do have a tendency to shit talk everything, but usually it makes people laugh). Still, I try not to blame everything on others' perceptions and think about what I'm saying and if I'm actually being bitchy or whiny without realising it.
>>
Dude your voice sounds pretty normal to me. Find some new friends who appreciate you instead of putting you down.
>>
Your voice sounds fine, its adorable. You do sound pretty young, though...
>>
Your voice sounds relaxing, there is nothing annoying about it.
>>
>>17994473
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eSGqeuGK85

In that first part you sound like an NPR host.
>>
Sounds normal to me. Maybe record a sample of you laughing? A genuine laugh, not a forced one.

I'm telling you this as someone who gets complimented on their voice all the time.
>>
>>17995910
Also, >>17994473
This guy is completely correct. Your voice sounds somewhat nasally. Bob Dylan type voice.

I speak from the chest and my voice is booming.
>>
>>17993855
you voice isn't that annoying, it sounds a bit nerdy, but maybe that's enough for a normie to try to tell you off? i wouldn't worry about it genuinely though.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.