[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i deal with a possesive husband? i realized too late,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1768.jpg (134KB, 702x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1768.jpg
134KB, 702x1200px
how do i deal with a possesive husband?
i realized too late, that he is becoming more and more possesive. guess he hid it well for a long time.
what i mean by this is that he won't let me go on a short trip with my sister because that would be too long without me (two days...).
he is urging me to not go to family gatherings because he would rather stay home with me and cuddle (and have sex, even if we already had sex 3 times that day...).
he is neglecting all his friends to stay home.
he has snooped trough my phone.
if hems at work he asks over text what exactly i'm doing, where, with whom and so on.
i have never given him the smallest reason to be suspicious or lose trust in me.

now we have a baby on the way and i can't just leave. how do turn this around? i feel trapped...
>>
is there a guy sniffing around you?
hes jelous
did you give reason for him to be jelous?
dont play stupid
>>
Leave the overly possessive husband, you are un human being, not a furniture of his property.
>>
Just go away. Leave him before the baby arrival. This relationship seems insane, no one has to know what you are doing, who you are talking to or when you should see your family. Run. This kind of relationship never has a happy ending, for both of the characters
>>
>>17993778
>how do i deal with a possesive husband?
>asks 4chin

lol Save your time and divorce him
>>
>>17993809
i had a male friend online that i knew before i met my husband.
we just wrote mails back and forth, nothing that went over the line. when my husband found out (i haven't told him because we only wrote sporadical and it was very harmles, i didn't even consider it worthy to inform im...), i cut all contact. that's all i can think off. i have no male friends irl or are flirty with other guys/act slutty or give him any other reason to be suspicious
>>
>>17993778
Talk to him, and consider going to couple counselling.

In my experience when someone is overly possessive and jealous, it is because they are cheating, so watch out.
>>
>>17993778
REALITY CHECK You have done nothing wrong. He is acting irrationally. It will not get better on its own. (In fact, he will likely become jealous of the baby.)

The problem lies entirely within him, but you both need couples counseling. He has to learn legitimate boundaries and you have to learn the self-respect that imposes those boundaries on him.

Without external help this will only get worse.
>>
>>17994067
>>17993912
how do i get him to agree to counseling? he doesn't see a problem. he think's it's normal to be "protective" and a sign of him loving me...
>>
>>17994074
Tell him you're going with or without him. Either he's being irrational or you are, and if he wants to make the case for his side he ought to come along.
>>
>>17994100
that's a good argument. thanks anon
>>
Why 4chan's usual response to everything is "break up!"?

Do people nowadays doesn't try to fix relationships anymore just because its easier throw it away?

By what op described, he is just clingy and insecure, not agressive or psychotical, this could be a reason for a break up in a short relationship, but not in a marriage with a family being builded up, 4chan needs to grow up a little more.

>>17993909
>i haven't told him because we only wrote sporadical and it was very harmles, i didn't even consider it worthy to inform im.
This is bullshit and you know, you knew that your husband was a jealous person and him knowing about this guy would cause trouble, that's why you didn't told him, even if it was indeed harmless, it can look pretty shady from the other perspective, honesty and transparency are essential in any relationship.
>>
>>17993778
My mother has the same issue, she's been with my father for 25 years now. She has no friends, no job or anything because of his possessiveness. She had to become entirely dependent on him. Now that I think about it, she never goes outside without another member of the family with her.

She does feel stressed because she's afraid that he will leave her because he keeps telling her he can't deal with her, but if he does she has no where to go.
>>
>>17994074
What >>17994100 said is right. You go alone if you have to and let him know you are going because you feel the marriage is in trouble
>>
I feel like I read this exact post a few days ago, but it doesn't seem like bait.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.