[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been super adverse to drinking for a long time (even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: beer.jpg (312KB, 2048x1418px) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
312KB, 2048x1418px
I've been super adverse to drinking for a long time (even since it became legal for me to do so), but I'm finally getting a little interested.

What's the best way to get started? Anything specific? And how do I not break the bank or ruin my life doing so?
>>
Just drink a little, feel it out. As long as you moderate yourself, and by that I mean don't go out binge drinking on your first night trying alcohol, you'll be just fine.

Just be careful, and figure out what your limits are before pushing them. It seems like you have a fear of what it could do to you already, which is healthy, but honestly the worst thing that could happen is if you tear down your fear in one fell swoop.

Don't go out drinking, realize it isn't going to kill you to have a couple drinks, then lose any fear of overdoing it.

There, now you know what you need to know. Have fun!
>>
>>17993482
It is an expensive hobby. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying be aware of what you are getting yourself into. The average week for a light drinker means 2 bottles of wine a few beers and a quarter a bottle of hard liquor. Taking into consideration that some of this is consumed in bars and restaurants, that will mean that this little hobby of yours might well end up costing you five grand a year. if you are young that means a quarter of a million in a lifetime. If you invest that you'll easily end up with a retirement portfolio of up to a million. Your choice.
>>
>>17993621
> light drinker
>>
Drink at home or with a small group of friends.
Also look for mixed drinks or cocktails with with soda you like.
>>
I don't understand why people willingly drink poison on a regular basis.
>>
I currently drink a 30 pack of beer a week. Averages out to around 4-5 beers a night. A 30 pack of Busch Lite costs 22 bucks where I live. So, 22 bucks times 4 weeks in a month gives you 88 dollars a month on booze. 88 x 12 months in a year puts me at 1056 dollars a year for my cheep pisswater beer. That could be a new computer, a minor car repair, things for my house, or just pure savings that I literally piss away for a buzz. I know I have a problem, but it's difficult to stop.

Moral of the story OP is to try and keep your drinking under control. Don't use it and the feeling of intoxication as a crutch for problems you may or may not have. That being said, I know plenty of people who drink socially and for the taste.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.