[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. I need some help deciding what to tell my current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: salt.gif (678KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
salt.gif
678KB, 480x320px
Hey /adv/. I need some help deciding what to tell my current employer when I'm giving them my 2 weeks.

My current job is kinda salty when they find out someone's leaving, and if you mention it's for another job that ended up offering you more money (basically my situation), then they could fire you before the 2 weeks or force you to be "off" for 2 weeks straight and work like 1 day like assholes (which is basically getting fired.)

The reason why I wanted to leave is because my job was paying me under minimum wage (we have under 26 employees. It's a thing apparently) and I just can't get by in life like that. I'm moving onto another job that'll pay me $11.25 so there's no way I'm turning them down. I've been with my current company for over 2 years and they're really immature about how they handle things like this. I just want there to be no drama and want a clean cut. I don't like making enemies or leaving anyone sour but I might not have a choice.

What can I make up that's a good reason to leave the job? Or should I just tell them the truth?

tl;dr Current job gets salty if I tell them I'm leaving for a different job. Should I lie or tell them the truth?
>>
Lie, who gives a fuck
Especially if they're going to be dicks about it
>>
>>17993478
If I lie, what should I say? School already started so I can't use college. Internship maybe? I'm moving? (they'll definitely see me at my new job since they go there for supplies sometimes)
>>
bump? Is that ok if I bump? Sorry if that's not the norm here.
>>
>>17993464
Just don't give them two weeks. Just leave when you get the new job.
>>
>>17993481
Just say you need more focus on school?
>>
>>17993464
Found a job closer to your home, and the saved commute is necessary, because you need more time for health issues. Be cryptic. They will freak about that. They will fear that you will need time off at inconvenient times or they will fear higher health insurance if that is at all applicable, don't know if you get it.
A reason that is not in their interest will not sell here.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.