[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i get my parents to stop treating me like a child? they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1466207920908.jpg (59KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466207920908.jpg
59KB, 408x600px
how do i get my parents to stop treating me like a child?

they always take the initiative before i get the chance, yet they won't do anything to help me get a job or help me in school? wtf? do they want me to be a permanent baby for the rest of my life?

what would happen if I just got up and left. i think i'd die on my own or get taken advantage of
>>
this isnt how it works.

you will always be their baby, no matter how old you get. you should be thankful for having loving parents like that because its not always like that these days.

its great that you want to make your own decisions though and the way to it is not by changing your parents. what can you do? take the initiative faster than they do. it sounds like youre playing with the idea of moving out or at least travelling for a while. i did that after school and it helped me a great deal realizing who i am, as cheesy as that sounds. if you can at all muster the courage to do something like that you could achieve your goal of being treated like an adult right away.
>>
>>17992661
that makes a lot of sense now. You know I always thought being independent meant completely doing your own thing, being on your own and not really being committed to anything.

I guess I haven't really haven't found that thing I want to commit to yet. I'm kinda just wandering around reacting to people a lot of the time, so i'd like to stop doing that.
>>
>>17992685
it never really ends for many people, this search for a purpose you can commit to. its nice if you find yours, but dont forget that the seeking itself also has meaning. try to not let life in general break you i guess, even though im not taking my own advice here.
>>
>>17992646
Theyre not supposed to help you get a job. You want to be an adult? Wake up early,dress for work and walk until you put in 3 applications. Repeat everyday until you have a job. And you know it will be in walking distance and you won't need your parents.
>>
>>17992646
You need to understand several things before you can accomplish being an adult.

Take responsibility for your actions, blaming others or your parents for YOUR incompetence is childish.

Being an adult means being able to compromise but not break, sacrifice is essential for success.

Get a job, start building your confidence and your bank account, eventually moving into an apartment of your own.

You're not special in any way, no one owes your anything, you don't deserve anything. You want something done? Do it yourself.

Respect is earned, not given. Show your parents that you can be worthy of respect. Stand on your own 2 feet and push forward.

The life we live is a nightmare, but what we do with our time is what is important. You need to discipline yourself, in every aspect of life.

Patience is truly a virtue, and practicing this will reap benifits. The younger generations aren't deep thinkers, they're impulsive and reckless.

Finally, cut everything out of your life that doesn't truly serve you. Evaluate your possessions and approach life with a minimalistic mindset. Save as much money as you can, and over the years, the sacrifices that you've made will be worth it. Your head you must use, young one.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.