[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I hate doing intellectual pursuits/hobbies (ex: i'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1484680476429.png (209KB, 352x506px) Image search: [Google]
1484680476429.png
209KB, 352x506px
If I hate doing intellectual pursuits/hobbies (ex: i'm a nihilist who just does mindless shit such as shitposting, playing video games, and watching movies. i hate having to do too much thinking), does this inherently mean that I am not smart?

This is relevant because I am going to college soon and I am trying to decide on a career/degree.
>>
Yeah, you're a fucking moron. Good luck.
>>
>>17991767

Not necessarily. It's also possible you're just lazy and easy-consumption passtimes appeal to you because they require no effort. Although, doing okay in college doesn't really require you to be particularly smart. Academic work is literally just work in the end. If you're capable of understanding the concepts, it's enough and the rest of it is just sorting bullshit from the stuff that actually matters and writing papers.
>>
It doesn't mean that you're not smart. It does make it very likely that your discipline and work attitude are severely lacking and you will need to do shit in college that you don't want all the fucking time.

Basically, it doesn't matter if theoretically your IQ is 140, if you don't "like" using your brain and your work ethic is subpar you have no place being in college.
>>
You are a boring idiot and a loser.

You don't do anything to be proud of and your head is full of immature teenage "philosophy" without observing and analyzing other points of views critically.

If you don't like using your brain then get a trade job, but for that you would have to be strong and you're probably 120 lbs and don't work out because it's part of "the system man" and you have "better things to do (play vidya).

You can probably land some shitty office job and die of boredom if you don't drop out. You don't have any passion man so I can't give you much advice. What are your skills?
>>
>>17991978
This isn't OP but you shouldn't look down on trade jobs. A lot of them require thought and a decent amount of intelligence. I've met some pretty smart carpenters and mechanics.
>>
>>17991978
Also you don't really have to be strong for a trade job, and although working out is a positive thing the whole bro lifting culture that has popped up in the last ten or so years is absolutely dreadful. It's a rat race and you won't lift forever, when you quit you will shrink back to your normal size.
>>
>>17992027
>>17992031
You're actually right I was a dick trying to drill in a point by saying that. Trades are respectable and make decent money. I guess what I meant is that this guy seems like the kind to not want to do that kind of hard work in manual labour.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.