[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have anybody here lied on their resume to find decent work? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 0108.png (39KB, 157x272px)
0108.png
39KB, 157x272px
Have anybody here lied on their resume to find decent work? I'm considering it myself.
>>
depends on job, if its something serious then dont.
if its a cheaper job say some small shop, and you really need a job then you could try I guess.
>>
>>17991340
Isn't there a resume check by HR? and if something is inaccurate it'd all be a waste of time
>>
>>17991340
Absolutely but you have to lie smart. You can make any negative look positive if you're smart.
>>
>>17991340
90% of anyone's resume is fabricated. For example, I list that I know Linux on my resume, even though all I know is how to change directories. Also, I claim proficiency in almost all Microsoft programs because I have opened them up once.
>>
>>17991340
Everybody lies, especially in the labor industry.
>>
Not OP but I have to write another name if I am to get a job. My name is too obscure and foreign.
>>
>>17991340

If its important enough that they'll check it (e.g. claiming you have a physics degree to work in a nuclear reactor): You cant blag it.

If its relatively unimportant and just fluff to make you look better for an unrelated job (e.g. going for an admin job and claiming your office skills are better than they are, claiming you've had management/leadership roles in[spoiler][/spoiler] other jobs etc.) then you can make it all up
>>
I never graduated high school.

none of my jobs know that.
>>
>>17991340
I don't lie. I use spin. It is all in the wording, and the way you present the truth. The saying: all lies begin with the truth, is actually talking about spin, a lie would be devoid of truth.
Be careful not to sell more than you can deliver.
>>
As someone who has hired scores of people, I assume everything on a resume is a lie and will go through a process of verifying the most important details.

As the other anon said, spinning truths is better than lying.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.