[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is frequently browsing /pol/ bad for my mental health? I live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: AltRight-1024x854.jpg (217KB, 1024x854px) Image search: [Google]
AltRight-1024x854.jpg
217KB, 1024x854px
Is frequently browsing /pol/ bad for my mental health? I live with 3 liberal roommates who get all of their news exclusively through CNN/MSNBC and whenever they discuss politics in front of me and find myself wanting to hurt them. Where can I read/discuss news/politics if I don't trust the mainstream media?
>>
>>17991245

>Is frequently browsing /pol/ bad for my mental health?

Extremely, yes. The only worse board is /r9k/.
>>
File: 1428999002864.png (228KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1428999002864.png
228KB, 512x512px
>>17991247
>The only worse board is /r9k/
y-yeah, who would browse a board like that for hours every day haha. right that would be really silly and bad for you.
>>
>>17991254

Only pathetic people, desu.
>>
>>17991245
Listen, /pol/ means well. I can understand their feelings. The world is fucked and no one is doing anything to fix it. They are just handling it differently.

Also some of the nicest people I've met would be classified as /pol/ browsers.

Grow thicker skin and learn how to filter information. You'll learn a lot from /pol/.
>>
Teach them about da dank memes.
>>
at most just take a quick look through the catalog for news updates , but don't spend your time browsing, it's mostly crap anyway.
>>
>>17991245
/pol/ is truth. Everyone else is lazy or degenerate. If you want to watch lies by omission and liberal slam pieces, watch the MSM. If you want a place for the white race in the future, read /pol/.
>>
>every time my roommates talk politics I want to hurt them
This is not normal or healthy. Get help.
>>
>>17991245
You can acquire information from mainstream media as long as you know it's mostly bullshit. If I'm looking through Reuters and see an article about how Trump scratched his ass during his inaugural address, obviously I'm going to skip over it because it's garbage and i know they're skewed pretty liberal as far as what actually gets published. Even as a liberal myself, seeing people shit out trash disgusts me. Know when you might be seeing an actual fact and verify it against other (preferably conflicting) sources and you can get a sound grasp of what is actually happening in the world.
>>
File: spurdo_kebabin_poistaja.png (7KB, 609x418px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_kebabin_poistaja.png
7KB, 609x418px
>>17991245
/pol/ is a great board.
It has awakened me to the truth of this world, inspired me to work on myself and get back to shape, so that when the time comes, I can do what must be done in order to cleanse my homeland of treasonous filth and foreign scum.
>>
The problem is you, not /pol/. It's become one of my main boards and I use it for updates, serious discussion, and laughs. I use it almost daily for this and I am not a full blown evil racist, I don't hold hatred for anyone, and I am a perfectly happy person who can interact with normalfags and hide my power level appropriately.

So get your shit together nigger. Wanting to hurt people when you hear their opposing/incorrect opinions isn't good. That's Antifa-tier.
>>
>>17991245

Yes, browsing it is bad for you. Definitely don't outright trust any news source. It's up to you to explore different angles of the news and form new opinions, but /pol/ is an echo chamber that's just as bad as the mainstream media.

But really, it just kind of depends on what you want. Personally, I think the world is going to become globalized no matter what people may want, it's just an inevitability of the speed of communication we have these days through the internet. All of this nationalism is something I've had to just look past, for the sake of progress in the future.

But some feel that the system is keeping them down... I'd rather play the system and win.
>>
>>17991245
Browsing /pol/ made me go further left. In other words, it doesn't "make you bad", if it affects you it must be because you were a bad person to begin with. I suggest seeking medical help for your violent fantasies.
>>
>>17991245
Yes, stop looking at /pol/.

Read different sources for your news.
>>
/pol/ is a strange board. i'm not really sure what to make of it.
>>
/pol/ is the only source of truth nowadays, and getting redpilled makes you better than those liberal idiots (used to be one myself, posted liberal shit on /pol/ until they turned me)

It's lonely at the top. That doesn't mean you have to degenerate yourself to fit in.
>>
File: Sweden.png (22KB, 548x619px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden.png
22KB, 548x619px
>>17991294
This post.

>>17991245

Op you are a faggot for even asking a question like this. /pol/ is not one person.

There are a lot of rich fags and successful fags on /pol/, due to general anonymity they're nice and always share they're tips of life. Even if it means swallowing hard red pills like staying away from nigs.
>>
>>17991945
The reason MSM sources "skew liberal" is because facts skew liberal. If you want reporting that is close to the objective facts, read Reuters, NY Times, AP. Internet sources are often not factual. If it starts with "You won't believe," don't believe.
>>
>>17992302
Yeah but the problem is that even those sources aren't considered reliable for them. They'll start saying things like alternative facts and the such.
So what can you do? You can't win with them.
>>
>>17992302
>Ny times

Good goy!
>>
>>17992302
>Ny times
>>
>>17992302
>(((NY Times)))
>>
>>17992302
(((((NY TIMES)))))
>>
>find myself wanting to hurt them.
>Is frequently browsing /pol/ bad for my mental health?
I'd say so, yes.
>>
browse other political boards to obtain a sense of perspective

cultists want you to get all your information from one source. Always remember that.
>>
>>17992797
This.

I pretty much had a similar problem as you OP, and really checking your sources + trying to see the problem from both perspectives is always good. Otherwise you risk unwillingly desceiving yourself by one point of you and because of your built bias from /pol/ towards some things, it may prove very difficult to try to look at the problem from different angle. Its never bad to do so though.
>>
>>17991245
If you were smart you'd have realized that most of the people on /pol/ are joking and the ones who aren't are stupid.
>>
>>17991247
No that would be /mu/. Then /r9k/, then /k/.
>>
>>17991245
Filthy casuals. I fucking hate people who only watch the 24 hour networks, they're all covering the same fucking story now, the Donald Trump show. Try to talk to them about literally anything else in the world other than the minutae of the us presidential power transition and they'll just mumble.
>>
>>17991245
There's nothing wrong with being conservative/right wing but /pol/ is objectively retarded. The posters there are so hungry for "muh happenings" that they'll see events where there are none, it's a board for conspiracy theorists. They also fall for the most obvious bait and cannot recognise sarcasm.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.