[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf and I have been together for a year. We're kinda opposites;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1473189785985.png (324KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473189785985.png
324KB, 800x600px
My gf and I have been together for a year. We're kinda opposites; I'm an introvert, she's an extrovert. She's anxious but fiery and passionate, I'm chill but I avoid conflict. Etc. It causes conflict sometimes, some bad. We've been to the brink at least once.

I love her (she's an amazing friend and usually lover), but she has this perpetual worry I'm going to leave her whenever we fight because of some baggage and I'm not good at handling it. This time she said it and I realized she has no trust that I won't, even through our troubles. I'm also realizing I need free time to decompress and I don't feel enough of it with her. This makes me feel like I should probably leave her and not drag it out, but her dad is on the verge of what seems like it's going to be a cancer diagnosis. I'm questioning how bad my convictions are to leave her when she might need help the most. That and I feel like she's right in assessing that I don't communicate a lot of stuff I probably should with her because I don't want to bother her, so I still wonder if I can improve. (I think we're both a little immature, I know.)

What would you do, /adv/?
>>
>>17990837

>I think I should leave her
>But I pity her and stay

Don't do this, you're prolonging the both of your own hurt that will be associated to this likely breakup and it will only be worse.

You both realize that in order for the relationship to work, you need to change. If you're considering leaving then you've already taken the first step toward giving up
>>
>>17990889
I'd done it before (without the pity) and it lead to a fruitful relationship for a while, but you're probably right...
>>
Either break up straight away or if you want this person in your life, open up and TALK to her, say to her what you said here.

Women, when faced with a problem they want to talk about it with friends/loved ones, they gather opinions from others then makes their decision on what to do.

Men on the other hand subconsciously want to be alone so that they can calm down and figure out a solution to the problem.

This is the reason why most relationships don't work out, people fail to see the differences in our genders and as it gets continually more taboo to talk about genders and such things, no wonder birth rates are declining, the divorce rate increases, people have trouble talking to the opposite sex, etc. Women nest, men hunt.

Talk to her, ask her if there's something that bothers her, then don't just listen to the answer, try to read her, give her a hug, if you actually want this to work out you can.
>>
Are you my boyfriend?
>>
>>17990837
Honestly sounds very similar to me and my girlfriend in our first year. Scary, actually.

I broke up with mine, regretted it, and got back with her. In all honest my probably is that i get bored, and am also less clingy.

One big fix is to share more. I had some baggage im not gonna share here, but basically my gf heard some things from me i never told anyone else about my chidhood. After that we shared everything, and i really mean everything, including stuff most couples would never share. It really has made us stronger. Being open is a good start always
>>
>>17990837
None of my relationships have lasted more than 5 months in 10+ years of adult dating.

I've been accused any number of time of being someone who "cuts and runs at the first sign of trouble," though I'd attribute my behavior more to being initially drawn to partners who fundamentally have no business being in relationships (e.g. serious substance abuse issues, serial infidelity, etc).

Your girlfriend's issue is the kind of thing that, honestly, I always hoped would be the big hurdle in my relationships; struggling with some basic notions of being in a relationship and shit like that. I could work with what she's got going on. People who perpetually cheat or need drugs to function on the other hand, that kinda stuff isn't worth trying to stick it out through.

I'd say stay. Relationships have tough times. I wouldn't turn my back on someone who loves me, and more importantly, treats me with love if generally we still get along well.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.