[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I? Lip is swelling on one side, smaller warts are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0769.jpg (77KB, 639x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.jpg
77KB, 639x718px
How fucked am I? Lip is swelling on one side, smaller warts are quickly popping up. I've had oral sex recently, without checking first, so I'm almost 100% sure it's genital herpes. Where the fuck do I start? How to get rid/get it off my face? I have a planter wart on my hand, but I've heard planter warts on the face are rare.
>>
That's herpes man.

See a doctor.
>>
>>17990648
It looks like HSV. It's not "genital herpes" because it's not on your genitals. It could be either HSV-1 or 2, but ether way doesn't make much difference. Just wait for the sores to go away. Try abreva cream or plain Vaseline to help healing.
>>
Unfortunately herpes is a lifelong condition. You can get hsv 1 or hsv 2 in either place. You are right, hsv 2 is usually called "genital herpes". It is possible to get that on your mouth.

It is a condition that is exacerbated by stress, so try things like mindfulness to keep your stress level down.

Do not kiss anyone or give them oral while you have that open ulcerative wound.
>>
>>17990648
this is why you don't eat pussy

just hope you don't have throat cancer too
>>
>>17990793
This

Never eat stranger pussy
>>
>>17990655
I should also add that you shouldn't be freaking out. Yes, HSV is forever. However, 90% of the global population has one or both strains. That is not an exaggeration. The vast majority of people will get HSV in their lifetime. The vast majority is also asymptomatic and think they don't have it, and go their whole lives thinking they don't.

Out of the people who do have an outbreak, many only have 1 initial outbreak and then none ever again. You might not have any more trouble after this one clears up.

Most people get HSV as a child from close nonsexual contact with family. The virus can stay dormant for any amount of time, and some people have their first outbreaks decades after they contract it. There is no way to know when, where, how, or who you got it from. Could you have gotten it from that unprotected oral sex? Absolutely. Could you have had it since childhood and irritation from giving the oral sex combined with other factors like stress caused your first outbreak? Yes.

As for strains, while HSV-2 can be contracted orally, this isn't common. I'd say it's more likely you have HSV-1. However, the only real difference between the strains is that HSV-2 has been shown to cause slightly more outbreaks a year on average.

That being said, unprotected sex, even oral, is bad. Don't do it. HSV is the least of your worries.
>>
>>17990648
Fuck man if there painful and warts, and just popped up outta nowhere, that you've never had them before, chances are they are herpes or hpv, either way get checked man. I hope it's not man.

There's websites for it anyways like eharmony for herpes but yeah.
>>
>>17990828
Thanks for taking the time to write that. I'm getting checked tomorrow, and yes, stress has been a big factor.
>>
>>17990655
HSV-2 is usually called "genital herpes," while HSV-1 is usually called "oral herpes," but yeah, you can get either one expressing at either place, or on any other orifice or cut you may have on your body.
>>
>>>17990655 #
>I should also add that you shouldn't be freaking out. Yes, HSV is forever. However, 90% of the global population has one or both strains. That is not an exaggeration. The vast majority of people will get HSV in their lifetime.
Incorrect. It's probably closer to 1/4 of people.

>The vast majority is also asymptomatic and think they don't have it, and go their whole lives thinking they don't.
Also incorrect. Most people are aware they get "cold sores" but may be unaware that is called oral herpes.

>Out of the people who do have an outbreak, many only have 1 initial outbreak and then none ever again. You might not have any more trouble after this one clears up.
Incorrect. Everyone who gets it has an initial outbreak. However, since it is an inflamatory condition, some people never have a second outbreak, while others get outbreaks frequently. It should be noted that the first outbreak is most likely the worst it will ever get.

>Most people get HSV as a child from close nonsexual contact with family. The virus can stay dormant for any amount of time, and some people have their first outbreaks decades after they contract it.
Yes, people get it from nonsexual contacts. However, as I said above, you do have an initial outbreak. It could be an outbreak that you never noticed though, like you thought it was a pimple.

There is no way to know when, where, how, or who you got it from. Could you have gotten it from that unprotected oral sex? Absolutely. Could you have had it since childhood and irritation from giving the oral sex combined with other factors like stress caused your first outbreak?
While I agree with this sentiment, it wouldn't be the first outbreak if the person has had HSV for a while.

>As for strains, while HSV-2 can be contracted orally, this isn't common. I'd say it's more likely you have HSV-1.
Where are you getting this info from??? You are wrong!! Either kind can be found in either location.
>>
File: IMG_7707.jpg (2MB, 2903x3930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7707.jpg
2MB, 2903x3930px
Source.
>>
File: IMG_7709.jpg (2MB, 2789x3454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7709.jpg
2MB, 2789x3454px
>>
File: IMG_7711.jpg (2MB, 2429x4031px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7711.jpg
2MB, 2429x4031px
>>
>>17991575
You're wrong. I have HSV-1, on my genitals. I got it (most likely) from an asymptomatic partner that I had been seeing for a while. You plenty of people can have it without knowing, and can not have an initial outbreak. The initial outbreak is how people are usually diagnosed though, since it's usually the worst and the first sign of infection (when people go to the doctor). How many people who have it in the population goes up exponentially with age.

It's safer to say that op has hsv-1 because he got an outbreak by his mouth. HSV-1 is more commonly expressed/transmitted orally than genitally.

OP I've had HSV-1 for four years so if you have any questions I'm here. If it is herpes anyway.
>>
>>17990655
Woah, somebody who actually knows their shit
>>
>>17990648
Btw herpes doesnt give you warts, herpes breakouts occur as grouped blisters. They eventually pop and crust over.

Also the first breakout is more gruesome than the rest. You probably will never get a breakout this bad again

Asduming you have herpes btw, its hard to tell from that pic
>>
>>17991493
I know that, but it's outdated and spreads confusion. Even the CDC still uses genital herpes interchangeably with HSV-2, which is incorrect, especially when the overall trend is pointing to HSV-1 completely overtaking HSV-2 in all areas.

University of Wisconsin did a 9-year study which ended in 2003 that showed that during those 9 years, 78% of the new genital herpes infections which came through their clinic were HSV-1, not HSV-2.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14520181/

Another research project in Nova Scotia, Canada revealed that, of women under age 30 who had genital herpes, 73.7% were due to HSV-1.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094909/
>>
>>17991575
>Incorrect. It's probably closer to 1/4 of people.
Worldwide, ∼90% of people have one or both viruses https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK47447/

>Also incorrect. Most people are aware they get "cold sores" but may be unaware that is called oral herpes.
>Incorrect. Everyone who gets it has an initial outbreak

Most individuals infected with HSV-1 or HSV-2 are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms that go unnoticed or are mistaken for another skin condition. As a result, 87.4% of infected individuals remain unaware of their infection
https://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes-detailed.htm#ref23

A genetic mutation is thought to be responsible for why most people are asymptomatic, while a minority display symptoms from HSV.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/news/20130917/frequent-cold-sores-tied-to-genetic-mutation-in-study

>Where are you getting this info from??? You are wrong!! Either kind can be found in either location.

Yes either kind can be found in either location. HSV-2 found orally is the rarest combination. It is much more likely that he has HSV-1 orally, the most common combination by far. It's understandable that most people are misinformed about HSV. This website helps explain everything clearly
http://projectaccept.org/straight-dope-herpes-statistics/
http://projectaccept.org/who-gets-hsv/
>>
>>17990648
thats definitely the herps, not sure if type 1 or 2
sorry about your luck, anon
>>
>>17990648
Have you been picking at that?
>>
>>17992183
(Not OP) nah, they just look like that. they burst on their own and crust over. He's also got a regular pimple like right next to them so it looks even worse.
>>
>>17992212
No I know what they look like. I'm asking if OP has been picking at it in general. That's how people spread it to their eyes and other places on their skin. It's basically a skin disease that can be passed on to other parts of the body.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.