[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

28 yo here. My topic is dating profiles. How detailed should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1480855543053.png (81KB, 400x397px)
1480855543053.png
81KB, 400x397px
28 yo here. My topic is dating profiles.

How detailed should they be? Should you really state all your interests or should you be more clever/humorous. Should you be sincere about your intentions or does that turn girls off?

How many photos should you typically have? Should they be active photos or are selfies fine?
>>
>>17989680

>state all your itnerst or be more clever

why not both? list a few real hobbies than tack on a joke.

>sincere about your intentions

i think despite people saying 'WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?' girls dont actualyl want to know. cuz even if it s what they're looking for, it ends the chase.

more than anything a girl wants to be seduced. so to just say 'hi im looking to date' basically means you cant seduce them. they either have to fall in line, or get out of the way. realistically you dont know what you want. sometimes we find ourselves only having sex with a girl who we thought we could date based on her profile and sometimes end up dating the girl we picked for just sex.

so if theres a section that demands you say what you're looking for that you can't leave blank just say 'cute ladies' or something vague. if soemone asks just say 'im not sure. i like to get to know a girl a bit before i decide my intentions.'.

this has worked well for me. cuz even if you and her just want sex girls dont want to admit it. they want to feel like they gave in and let you have sex with them, almost as if doing you a favor, and feel like they turned you down for dating. to say 'just sex' implies shes not good enough to date, and even sluts dont want that.

>photos

usually dating sites /apps have a limit. if its less than 10, then go ahead and fill them all up. girls are more likely to connect with you if they feel they actually know what you look like. one photo, one angle doesn't do that.

try to get a friend or family member to take photos for you if you can. but if you can't then some selfies are fine. a balance is best. medium shot of you, clear face, really cute for the first. then follow up wiht some group shots, activity shots, etc.
>>
>>17989680
>>17989709

also, thats one sweet ass pepe, mind if i download it?
>>
>>17989680
>How detailed should they be?
Don't put too many details. For example if you say you like hunting and fishing, then you're automatically ignored by vegan and vegetarians. >Should you really state all your interests or should you be more clever/humorous.
Your pictures are more important than anything else. Put in some interests that indicate you're not some video games addict (ie: say you like to go out for treks, travels, go camping or weekend escapade. Bitches love that kind of shit)
>Should you be sincere about your intentions or does that turn girls off?
Simply say you're looking forward to meet new people and see where it goes.
>How many photos should you typically have Should they be active photos or are selfies fine?
4 seems ideal. One of them needs to be a group photo with friends and you smiling. Another one should be you in the nature or on top of a moutain. Try to have one with an attractive girl if possible. And finally you can put a selfie, but choose the right angle/lighting/clothing
>>
>>17989709

Great advice. Thanks. And yes. Enjoy that pepe.
>>
>>17989715

Very good points. Ah shit. Photo with a hot girl? I definitely don't have that. Does my hot ex count? Should I blur out her face?
>>
>>17989776

dont post pics wiht another girl it'll turn girls off
>>
>>17989840

I agree with that sentiment.
>>
>>17989776
>Should I blur out her face?
yes

>>17989840
>>17989853
Are you femanons? Personally as a guy I don't care if a woman has a picture with a dude. Could be her brother for all I know, and I'm not naive enough to think she has never seen other dicks before. Though I will say posting a pic with a thrashy-looking woman is probably not a good idea. The way I see it, posting a picture with a women simply demonstrates you're not some autismo weirdo that women run from
>>
>>17989866

>are you femanons

yes.

>as a guy

yes, as a guy. not as a woman.

>could be her brother for all i know

girls dont want to have to find out.

>im not naive enough to think she has never seen dicks before

thats not the issue, but when were looking at a dude and see hes with another woman its a turn off. were interested in him, not the mystery woman. at the end of the day its just someone were comparing ourselves to. do you think were gonna message a guy if we dont think we measure up?

theres no need to have the picture. it doesn't help at all. no girl sees a picture of OP with a hot chick and says 'OH WOW I SHOULD DAT EHIM'
>>
>>17989880
Fair point.
>>
>>17989880

This is an interesting debate. On the other hand some confident women might think they can do better?
>>
>>17989906

again, it doesn't do anything to help. no woman sees the photo adn thinks 'wow this makes me want to date him.'
>>
>>17989680
Think of the exercise as a romantic resume, without the references.

Pictures are the first and foremost thing desu. You want about 5 pictures, 2 of which being "selfies", 3 of which having you around people your age with a respectable guy/girl ratio. Trust me, I've read Dataclysm(book the founder of OkC wrote).

Straight and to the point is usually the best bet. Usually, don't put on there religion or politics unless they're extremely passionate to you. Bullet point lists work.

Try being not so much "clever/humorous" as much as it being "you". Are you overly clever? Are you overly humorous? Then make them clever and humorous. Just don't try to be something you're not.

You should also realize that you're more than likely going to message more people than have people message you. So, your profile picture(s) and your first message to people'll be the most important thing.
>>
>>17989894
>>17989906
As a guy I've been with girl friends while they look through tinder, the pics with a girl are not a good idea. Social pics are a definite plus, just not any pic of just you and a hot girl.
>>
Is it okay to blur our faces in group shots or is that just going to look ridiculous
>>
>>17989917

Awesome advice. Thank you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.