[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mother is trying to convince my father to withhold tuition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 339364.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
339364.png
44KB, 658x662px
My mother is trying to convince my father to withhold tuition unless I start seeing a therapist (for what, I don't know. I've done nothing.)
How do I stop her?
>>
>>17988734
You can't. Listen to your parents or pay for your own stuff.

Lots of people would really appreciate free therapy.
>>
It's your tuition. It should be a pretty easy case to make that holding your future hostage isn't good for anyone involved.
>>
>>17988734

you talk to your dad like a man. otherwise you dont have any choice
>>
Talk to your dad man, tell em YOU DONT NEED THERAPY. Good luck anon kun. Your mom sounds a little too controlling desu.
>>
chatting with some dude one hour per week is not the end of the world
>>
>>17988734
OP A GUD BOY
HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
Why don't you ask her what the problem is and why you need to see a therapist? Maybe she has bought into the therapist meme where everyone is mentally ill and has to be cured by therapy, but it's still a pretty serious breakdown of trust.

Sometimes when people have psychological problems they don't understand them. ie. if you were schizophrenic, you usually wouldn't really understand you would have a mental issue, and would blame CIA/FBI or some shit. (You may laugh but I've lived with these people.)

After weighing up the pros and cons, you may as well go, even if it's just to prove that you are mentally fine or wahtever. And if you ARE crazy well you are pretty much fucked, sorry.
>>
>>17988752
This desu. if it turns out you have a problem that you're unaware of, then it was a benefit. If it turn out you have no issues that need attending, then you can be confident knowing that you were right.

That said, you don't go to a therapist because of things you're doing, usually, but things you're no longer doing that you once did.
>>
>>17988734

If you've really done nothing then that might be the reason she wants you to see a shrink, especially if you've done nothing for a longer period of time.
>>
Id dance naked in the street if it meant i got free tuition. Spoiled brats nowadays....

I'd inquire why your mom thinks you need it. If its a paper thin reason you can probably talk her out of it. Worst case scenario you sit in a room and talk for an hour a week. Don't be such a faggot anon
>>
>>17988805
This.

Don't be a fucking moron.
>>
>>17988734
This sounds way too much like my mum, I have chronic disease and she caved in after my diagnosis. I pretty much stopped talking to her since it was too much stress and just easier to not deal with her (she wasn't really a mother at this point just someone else living in the house). She mentioned to my doctor that I'm depressed or something (which I wasn't just was keeping to myself and spending time in my room away from a hostile environment) and told me I should go on anti-depressants. I went to my doctor regarding my illness previously diagnosed and he asked me a few questions regarding depression and how I felt and straight out told me "You're not depressed dude, you're just going through a hard time"

tldr; parents don't know shit about your mental health, just tell them you know yourself and you're fine
>>
>>17988741
Therapy is awesome. Especially when the therapist is young and hot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.