[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work in sales and export >our company has a frame order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1057.jpg (820KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1057.jpg
820KB, 3008x2000px
>work in sales and export
>our company has a frame order contract with a costumer with no definitive amount of goods that they should buy per year
>they send me a demand forecast for the entire year once a week
>this forecast of demands shows when and how many pieces they might need
>put this data into our ERP system as PREVIEW
>then I receive Purchase Orders which might or not might reflect the forecast for that particular week
>Mfw the forecast keeps changing quite a lot each week and it's very hard to plan with it.

Long story short, one of the production managers is getting on my balls saying that I should consider the forecast data for up to 3 months as FIXED (as in just like a normal purchase order) instead as just a preview.

They claim that I'm fucking the company by not forcing the costumer to send POs for every forecast data within the next 3 months that I put into the system.

I claim in my defense that only a PO is the binding and fix order and that I cannot do anything about a possible forecast which changes wildly from week to week. Also that I certainly can't force a costumer to send POs.

There's no help from my supervisors or the people that should handle these issues, I'm basically alone when it comes to handling this shit and nobody wants to take the responsibility of having a meeting with the customer and perhaps have a different deal. It's not up to my competence to do this as well.

What do /adv/?
>>
>>17988679

I got nothing, but what is your official job title, salary, and education?
>>
>>17988679

This is something that would belong on /biz/ if that board wasn't a cancerous ShillCoin blight.
>>
I can pretty much promise you /adv/ will be unable to help you out.

Honestly would try Reddit.
>>
>>17988787
Sales Support and Export

I earn 65k a year.

I have what is called a "higher technical college" education. Not exactly college but it's one level below according to international school levels.
>>
>>17988679

What do they reply when you say that POs are binding and that you obviously cannot do much with a volatile forecast?

If the forecasting model doesn't fit with the frame order contract, then it's really not on you.
>>
>>17988863
They say that I have to pressure the customer to send me the POs as according to the forecast for that month.

For example, they forecast an average demand of 10k pieces, but end up just ordering a 8k pieces with POs. They expect me to call the client and tell him to send me another PO for 2k pieces even if he doesn't need those pieces anymore.

It's crazy. I've had forecasts within the space of one week, where the forecast value for a particular month changed from 5k pieces to 10k and then back to 5k one week later.

Production manager keeps adjusting the production plans based on the forecast alone without checking if the order is fixed or just a preview.
>>
>>17988900

Eh, why on earth would they buy an additional 2k if they've only ordered 8k? That's just excess stock for them.

Would it be on you to change the contract with the customer?
>>
>>17988909
Exactly.

I've once called the client to explain the situation and the guy just laughed at me and told me exactly that. Why would he order something that he doesn't need?

Nope, it's not my responsibility to change frame order contracts. That's the job of the head of sales, which seems to not give a shit about this.
>>
I think its time for you to find a more competent company worthy of your time.
>>
>>17988915

Interesting actually. I work at a consultancy firm where we actually guide companies in regards to reducing excess stock.

Can you send an e-mail to the Head of Sales and CC the head honcho? And then perhaps not include contracts with no definitive amount of goods in regards to your forecasting model?
>>
>>17988921

This could also be considered OP. Life is too short to deal with that kind of bs, especially if you're in the export industry.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.