[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I almost HAVE to have subtitles for something to catch my interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 94589859589.jpg (225KB, 1484x1006px) Image search: [Google]
94589859589.jpg
225KB, 1484x1006px
I almost HAVE to have subtitles for something to catch my interest and for me to be able to concentrate on what's going on.

Something about reading life as if its a book, to me, is more appealing than hearing words come out of a person's face.

Does this sound like a learning disability? A mental illness? what?
>>
and english is my first language.
>>
>>17987875

bump.

mods/ janitors delete this shit, I'll make a new one.

Phrased it wrong, it just looks like I'm rambling about preferences
>>
>>17987968

why would they delete this?
>>
>>17988329

I phrased it wrong like I said. Just looks like I'm rambling.

I should've started off with : Does this sound like mental illness or disability or someshit?
>>
>>17987875
I do this too..
To see if I can understand what they're saying if people are talking to loud or just in case I might misinterpret what they say.
>>
>>17988340

what? you literally say that at the end, they're not gonna delete this for you
>>
>>17988355

yes but I was intepreting the lack of responses for the longest time as due to the fact that I had goofed and put the question last.

but whatevs im getting a few responses now
>>
>>17988372

no. people on this board aren't so simple minded that putting something at the beginning of four sentences instead of at the end would have changed the response rate. and if they were, they wouldn't be worth getting advice from. most people would have dismissed this no matter how you worded it.
>>
>>17988393

it isn't a matter of intelligence, bro.

Matter of brevity so anons can quickly scan a thread from the catalog as I do.

Tbh, I'd have not replied to this thread if I were another anon simply because it looks like some faggot rambling how he prefers reading.
>>
I prefer subtitles in everything I watch as well.

As long as they're proper subtitles, and not that bullshit delayed TV closed caption shit that misses sentences and shit.
>>
>>17988419

you catch so much more: whatever's being said down the hallway, whatever is on the news segment offscreen, etc.
>>
>>17988408

catalog aside, nothing would have changed. its a not so dramatic conversation. the most popular threads are relationshit and depression.

nothing wrong wiht your post, just not something you're going to get much resposne for.
>>
>>17988430
Exactly. I've watched a movie without subtitles, and then watched it again with subtitles, and it's just crazy how much shit goes unnoticed.

Whether you didn't hear that one key word right, and it really puts the plot together, or like you said, some off screen/micro detail that would otherwise not even be heard or thought about.

They can really tie a movie together.

Watch any movie in standard defintion without subtitles, then watch it again in wide screen with subtitles, and see how deep that movie really is.
>>
OP: you have a problem with mindfulness.

You are contemplating and focusing what is coming next or distracting yourself with thoughts.

It could be a learned behavior from various things or a mental disorder like ADD.
>>
>>17988858

ADD makes sense, I guess. I can blank out for entire scenes of a movie if not subtitled.
>>
>>17987875
I agree. Everything I watch on Netflix is with English subtitles. I miss phrases a lot and I'm easily distracted/gazing off into space.
>>
I have a similar problem. It's because I can read so fast that everything else feels frustrating and plodding by comparison.
>>
>>17987875
i really really like women
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.