[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It has come to my attention that my girlfriend wants to get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

It has come to my attention that my girlfriend wants to get a tattoo. Problem is, I'm absolutely turned off by tattooed women. Like I can't really get a hard on for any girl with tattoo. How do I convince her not to go through with it without sounding like a control freak? She's had a previous boyfriend who'd try to control everything about her. I tried to bring the tattoo thing up with her awhile ago but I felt the tension building so I dropped the topic. I think she's being defensive because she's on guard that I might be trying to control her. I just want her to consider how I feel as I've already told her that I'm not into tattoos at all. What's the best way to approach this situation?
>>
Just casually mentioned that you don't approve, but don't make it a big deal. Then when she does it anyway, just leave her because you're not attracted to her anymore. That's really all you can do.
>>
you could always ask her if your opinion or the tattoo are more important. Should be an easy choice if your relationship is strong.
>>
>>17987287

What kind of tattoo? where does she want it?

There's a possibility you're massively overreacting, but if you absolutely cannot "get hard" for a little ink on someones skin then just dump her. If you stop her from doing it, she will resent you in the long term.
>>
>>17987291

That's a stupid ultimatum to have to make, you could say that about anything. If this is something she wants to do for herself its not her problem that her boyfriend has such a big issue with it when its otherwise harmless and can be flattering. It's like saying I'm vegan, if you don't convert to vegan with me you are choosing your diet over my opinion.
>>
>>17987290
Man that's harsh.. I tried to equate it awhile ago to how she doesn't want me to grow a beard so I keep myself clean shaven all the time. But she returned with "Because I don't want you to have one doesn't mean you can't" (referring to the beard thing) then she followed up with "I'll love you regardless if you have a beard or not" but that's kind of unequal in that I can always shave anytime but a tattoo is permanent

I really do love her though and I wouldn't want to lose her. I'm just worried I'm going to lose my sex drive towards her
>>
>>17987305

I fail to see how a tattoo would completely remove all sexual attraction to the person you love, is she masking her face with it? Is it a full body tattoo? I think you're being way too dramatic, has there been a case in the past where you loved someone and they got a tattoo and you suddenly went limp every time you went to have sex?
>>
>>17987287
>What's the best way to approach this situation

Now is a good time to find a younger and prettier girl OP, she's getting a tattoo because her look is fading and she feels she has wasted a lot of her life so she needs to do something to compensate for those missed life experience.
>>
>>17987292
>>17987303
Yeah I don't want to give her an ultimatum, I just want her to realize that I'm really against what she's planning. I'm not gonna force her to not do it.

>>17987309
you know i think you're right but as i stated above, i just want her to fully understand she's doing something i'm totally against and i'm not just trying to control her
>>
>>17987315

I think you've made that clear to her already, pushing it any further WILL come across as an attempt to be controlling. So just shut your mouth about it from here on out or pack up and leave.

And don't act out passive aggressively to show her you're upset or annoyed with her decision. If she does get it and there's no turning back at least say it looks nice even if you might not think so. Life's too short for petty shit.
>>
>>17987321
>pushing it any further WILL come across as an attempt to be controlling

thanks for the advice, I won't be pushing the issue anymore, who knows, she might change her mind at the last minute
>>
>>17987328

Yeah she might, but she might not, don't get your hopes up. My ex met me when I had long hair and she hated that I wanted to cut it short, so I hesitated for a while and then finally did it one day and she grew to like that style much better. She could be hoping you change your mind about it after she gets it, and that right now you're just being stubborn and set in your ways.
>>
>>17987335
yeah i think you're on to something. i didn't think about it from that perspective. i didn't expect to get my view altered, in 4chan of all places! thanks people
>>
in my case, it's the other way around. my bf is dropping hints about liking girls with tattoos and always making backhanded comments on me getting one. i told him i will never get one put he keeps talking about it.
pretty annoying desu.
in the end, it's her body. if she thinks it is necessary for her to have a tattoo and having a tattoo is the ultimate turn-off for you you might just not be compatible and that is how it has decided to show
>>
Just lay it all out like it is. Tell her it's her body and it's her choice exactly what she does to it, but your personal tastes make it impossible to be attracted to women that have tattoos.

Emphasize that you like her very much, and she has complete freedom to do what she likes, but make sure she knows that you will leave, not because you're trying to control her, but because it's a personal deal breaker.

She can do exactly as she likes, and you can do exactly what you like in response. Decisions have consequences.

Don't make it an ultimatum, just make sure she's clear on all information so she can make the right decision for herself.
>>
>>17987287
It's a phase. Hipsters get all sorts of stupid tattoos. Mainly sleeves and they back it up saying it has a special meaning when the next person got the exact onee. Don't worry about it. Tell her to fuck off and find another girl that is not brainwashed by hipsters.
>>
>>17987287
Be honest, supportive and open. If you happen to talk about it again, say something like this:
"I don't like tattoos at all and I am not attracted by girls with tattoos at all. I am scared that, if you got one, I might be less attracted to you or not attracted at all and it might ruin our relationship. I would love you anyway, I don't want you to feel controlled or to feel like you aren't allowed to do it, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't be attracted to you as much. Can you please consider this while making your decision? It ultimately is up to you, tho."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.