[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I do not allow myself to be "friends" with women like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3956.jpg (80KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3956.jpg
80KB, 640x627px
I do not allow myself to be "friends" with women like I would with my bros. I think women and men behave way too differently to have any deep interaction outside of romantic or familial relationships. Worse if said women is attractive, and I want to fuck her- I could fuckbuddy her, I could date her, I could work with her in an office, but I could not be her "friend" if I wanted to fuck or if we used to fuck in the past.

Is this wrong?
>>
>>17986917

not really. as long as you treat women fairly and respectably it doesn't matter what you do. im the same way. most women are just too much to deal with. I met a few cool ones here and there, but im just not motivated to even date them. if a friend is dating a girl and shes cool, thats great. but otherwise i dont really see the point in trying.

there was a time when men and women werent expected to be friends. women hung out with women folk and men hung out with men folk.

the only activities you'd do with your wife were dates, tv and sex. you werent expected to be able to just hang out and share each others hobbies like you are today
>>
>>17986917
It's wrong in that it's considered a bad way to think about women. The ideal is to look behind notions relating to gender and focus on what everyone shares as simply "people".

It's not wrong in that you know you might fuck things up and you're prudent to not let that happen.
>>
>>17986966
>there was a time when men and women werent expected to be friends. women hung out with women folk and men hung out with men folk.
This.
>>
>>17986917
Absolutely not wrong. This is a very natural and healthy way of thinking about relationships with women.

In my case, I have 2 or 3 female friends that I've known since basically kindergarten whom I consider as "just friends." Today, we live in different parts of the country. Would I hook up w/them if given the chance? Possibly, but after knowing them for so long I really think of them more like sisters.

Every other non-related female in my life falls into two categories:
1. Women whom I would not make advances toward on the basis of it being unprofessional (college students in the sections I teach, for example), and

2. Women whom I consider romantic prospects (if attractive and interesting enough).

Period, full stop. Only those categories. Honestly, every time I see some poor schub orbiting around an attention whore in the hopes of scoring some, I want to smack some sense into him.
>>
>>17986917
It isn't wrong to think like that, no. You know yourself best and you know what can be good or bad for you.
It is wrong to think it is true for everyone, tho. There are plenty of people who have satisfying friendships with the opposite gender.
>>
>>17986988
But we are in 2017 now
No one is expecting someone from you
Start to see women as people and retain your virginity, you'll see you can interact with them the same way you do with everyone else
>>
>>17988028
Nobody listen to this cucked faggot
>>
What if they are brother and sister?
>>
Men & women are fully able to be friends. Yes, we have different social scripts, but that doesn't mean we can't have non-sexual relationships.

Your approach to friendships, however, is not wrong. You are not expected to be friends with any particular groups of people. Make friends with whomever you want. As long as you keep it respectful, everything's good. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone else is the same as you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.