[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over this feeling that I'm "romantically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1480338158767.jpg (458KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480338158767.jpg
458KB, 1920x1200px
How do I get over this feeling that I'm "romantically defective" and that I'll never find myself in a happy relationship? It just hit me the other day that I'm 23 and all my good friends have been in multiple relationships. Yet here's me, the only one who hasn't dated anyone since they were 15. Usually it doesn't bother me as I still get laid semi-regularly, but lately I've been struck with these pretty intense feelings of loneliness and inadequacy, as well as a keen desire for emotional intimacy. It's not that I've never sought out something more than a one night stand or a short-term fling before, but it seems that I have trouble keeping women I'm interested in around for very long. It's only now that I've really entertained the thought of "Hey dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?" All I can chalk it down to is me having a pretty shit-tier personality but my I have a fairly large social circle so I idk.
>>
Work on yourself.
Pick new hobbies and lead an interesting life. Read books
Find a passion that doesn't relate to tv/movies/gaming/
>>
>>17986912

i feel ya. i like being single. but im not sure that i like how much that i like it.

I can date, there's been interest, but no one that i would want to date, no one id give up on sex with other women for.

i think more than anything we just want to feel like we are worthy of love, know that we could get someone that we find truly special and looks reasonably good.

maybe we can't. maybe we can. maybe we should focus on being happy regardless of that answer.
>>
People that dont have many relationships are picky because they know what they want in a partner and they know what they have to offer. People that jump from relationship to relationship are indecisive, impulsive and have little to offer other than a needyness for attention and love. They fear and rewent loneliness.

Dont worry about it kid. It will come natural. Focus on your career and ectea curricular activities.
>>
File: 1452650707309.png (13KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452650707309.png
13KB, 1280x720px
First off, I'm copping that pape.

This is actually me though. Only difference is I'm 20, and that I've never dated anyone ever. But the rest describes me perfectly.
One thing I've learned is that it's all about chemistry. And as cliche as it sounds, you just have to be yourself. The right person will like you for you and will want to stay with you. So they say anyways. Makes enough sense.
It's not really a matter of how, because it's supposed to happen organically, but when rather.
I know it seems like it's taking forever. I have no proof it will ever come to you, nor myself. But as every anon I've ever cried to about this topic has told me "it'll happen" "you'll find someone eventually" "just work on yourself" "just enjoy life, it'll come".
Just keep going out with your mates on the weekends, make small talk with pretty girls in public, etc.
If you take 100 shots at anything, ones bound to hit.
Anyways, I hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
>>17987182
Sure, I understand that. But what I also worry about is that what you've said offers a false sense of complacency that could prove harmful. After all, where do you draw the line between being yourself and being better than yourself? How do you know if your fuck ups are due to faulty chemistry or due to innate flaws that you could improve if only you were aware of them? It's easy to say "be patient and the good times will come" but what if you haven't done what's necessarily to catch that opportunity when it arises? At the end of the day it's a "nature vs nurture" argument and while both are important, I can never tell what is effecting my experiences more.
>>
>>17987182
This won't work. You're doomed to failure. I'm 28 and still haven't achieved anything except girls telling me they want to fuck me, but they never like me enough to be in a relationship with me.
>>
>>17986912
i'm you but i don't get laid
just wait until the bitterness makes any thoughts of having a family fill you with disgust
>>
Mind is a weird thing, you'll delude yourself soon enough and then it is all fine.
t. 23 no gf/handholding/kiss/sex to this date
>>
>>17988771
Maybe it's just you. That advice is pretty solid.
I'm 26 and the only time I felt loved and desired were the times I wasn't looking for it and was actually being myself. Sadly said girl doesn't like me, or at least that's what she said. After some dark months of sadness and depression, I started rebuilding myself and, guess what, a new girl is interested in me and again I wasn't looking for it.

Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe that anon is right.
>>
>>17989097
>doesn't love me anymore*
She still wants to be friend with me tho.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.