[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do my friends call my boyfriend controlling for this? >they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1484858928710.jpg (15KB, 540x332px) Image search: [Google]
1484858928710.jpg
15KB, 540x332px
Why do my friends call my boyfriend controlling for this?

>they invite me to a rave
>I ask my boyfriend what he thinks of me going
>he tells me he'd be uncomfortable with it and would prefer it if I didn't go but he wouldn't stop me if I really wanted to go
>I respect his wishes and decline
>friends tell me he's being controlling

I don't see how. He didn't make threats, he wouldn't have stopped me, didn't even tell me directly not to go. He was honest and told me how he'd feel about it and that he was uncomfortable with it, so I respected his wishes like he would respect mine in the same situation. Now they're calling him controlling, abusive, etc. What's up with that? Honest communication and respecting your partner's wishes is important to a long lasting relationship.
>>
If this isn't a troll thread, then your friends are just dumb. That's it.
>>
>>17986410
Either your friends are idiots, feminists, have it out for your boyfriend specifically or you didn't properly convey the situation to them.
>>
desu I wouldn't want my gf going to a rave either

I don't know how else to explain it except guys(not your bf) are weird that way.
>>
Because they're children that don't understand a relationship means compromising. Going clubbing/to a rave without your partner when you're in a relationship is pretty disrespectful to begin with to most people. Getting inebriated (and at a rave probably drugged up unless you're straight edge) in places where a lot of men are trying to pick up women would mean dump territory for me. You're in a relationship don't act like you're single lol
>>
>>17986428
Same. Raves can be a lot of fun but about half of all women at a rave are gonna end up rufied then pumped and dumped.
>>
>>17986421
I think they are dumb honestly. They're always trying to find something controlling in our relationship.

>>17986426

I told them pretty much what I said in the OP.

>>17986435

Yeah, I wouldn't want my bf going without me to one of those either. It's purely disrespectful. Most people at clubs or raves are looking to hook up and even if he's not I don't want him in that kind of environment. It's just disrespectful.
>>
>>17986448
You seem to already have your answer. You did the right thing, your bf did the right thing, and your friends are a bunch of twats that you better learn to ignore or they're going to drive you to paranoia and ruin your relationship.
>>
>>17986448
I'm guessing your friends aren't in successful long term relationships
>>
>>17986410
If one of my girl friends told me she isn't coming to an event because of her bf, I too would think he is controlling. On the other hand, if my bf wouldn't want me to go, I too would respect his wishes.
Just learn what information are necessary. Don't tell your girls all the reasons. Or maybe you like the attention
>>
>>17986463
Oh, this is a good point. Don't shift the blame to your bf when you turn down your friends. No wonder they think he's controlling.

In stead of saying "my bf doesnt' want me to go" say "sorry, I don't feel like going" or "I already have plans on that day".
>>
>>17986465
So lie?
>>
>>17986410
>>17986448
Protip: Your friends are controlling. They can't deal with the idea that you'd EVER choose not to hang out with them, so they're looking for a way to blame someone.

I've dealt with needy/overly demanding friends like this before... it gets old real fast
>>
>>17986469
It's not a fucking lie because you're still deciding that you aren't going. You're just not mentioning your bf's influence on your decision.

Again ,decide what the appropriate amount of information is.
>>
>>17986465
I wouldn't advise lying. Just say "I don't want to go without my partner" or "I'd rather spend time with my partner" or whatever.
Ultimately it is *you* choosing not to go after all.
>>
>>17986473
This, me and my group of friends would say this type of thing to girls
>>
>>17986465
>>17986478

This is actually one of the first things they teach you in maintaining good relationships: Don't rag on your partner and pin the blame on them.

Some people think it's funny when you say something like "Uggghhh the wife says no..." or "Lol he keeps texting he must be lonely XD, I'll just tell him my phone died" when in reality it's actually quite harmful. It signals to your friends and those around you that your partner is just a drag on you.
>>
This girl isn't searching for advice. She just wants to get told what a pure and good girl she is for actually listen to her boyfriend and doing as he says! and that you can't find girls like that anymore today
Good god get over your daddy issues, just finally tell your boyfriend that you have rape phantasies and don't bother people that actually want to help just because you need approval. You can be confident on your own without other people's opinion you know
>>
File: IMG_0560.jpg (40KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0560.jpg
40KB, 640x355px
>>17986536
>phantasies
>>
>>17986542
Jesus christ man, I was eating. Spoiler this shit.
>>
>rave

You have to be 18 or older to post on 4chan
>>
>>17986542
God forbid I'm not native
>>
>>17986410
Holy crap this is almost exactly like what happened with me and my gf. Initial of first name? I'm A
>>
your friends want you to be miserable sluts like they are with no real love in their life. drop em
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.