[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over daddy issues when professional help is not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1631.jpg (286KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1631.jpg
286KB, 1080x1920px
How do you get over daddy issues when professional help is not an option?

Even if there was a competent shrink in this village, they wouldn't waste him on me. I have no fucking clue what the hell it would take to convince these people that I need actual, real help save for actually killing somebody, and everyone that I've known who actually deserved to die is already dead.
>>
>>17986289
You can't fix it.

Some stages of development are so crucial you miss them and there's no going back.

You're done roastie
>>
>>17986289

you dont convince shrinks, you pay them.

that being said, you dont. we all have issues. they are rarely cured. you just have to be stronger tahn your issues.
>>
>>17986302
I'm male.

>>17986304
That's not how it works around here. Free health care, I couldn't afford a private shrink even if there was one here.

Any other suggestions how to make it sting less? I keep having the compulsive urge to get myself raped but on a conscious level I know better than put myself on harm's way.
>>
>>17986289

It can be difficult, depending on what it is, but if there is a "source" to your problem, you have to find what it is and reconcile with yourself and/or whoever is/was involved.

If it was something you did, you might need to forgive yourself.

If it was something that someone else did, talk to them about it, or forgive them, and realize that it was not your fault.

It might also take time to "heal," but that depends on the person.

For "daddy issues," it might help to have a good, older male role-model in your life. Someone to learn from and aspire to be like. I grew up without my father (parents divorced when I was 4, and only saw him for visits every week/other week) and both of my parents were fairly immature for being adult parents. I joined the military and saw some amazing people that I continue to learn from to this day.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>17986326
That's roughly as far as I've concluded, myself.

My old man wasn't abusive, but he sure was nothing else, either. If you asked me to recall one happy memory of him, I couldn't. It was weird when he died, and people were all acting like something horrible had happened, when it was all just one guy ceasing to exist. Would I have to choose between having him and whatever I inherited from him, I'd pick the money any way. He never liked me, either.

Where else are there old men other than jails and cemeteries? I was excused from military service for mental reasons. I might not be worth salvaging but they sure as fuck know better than to give me a gun.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.