[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find a job that will treat me with basic human dignity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: the feel is gone.jpg (43KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
the feel is gone.jpg
43KB, 604x397px
How do I find a job that will treat me with basic human dignity?

I was never taught in school, or life, how to find a job. My mother always repeats the good old "Hit the pavement and ask" sorts of shit, but that's not how life works anymore. They all have online applications, or I have no idea where the hell is hiring or what they need. It's obvious you can walk into a McDonalds or something, but how do you walk into an office job or whatever?

Basically, I want a job with a livable wage, a fixed schedule, and days off or something. I've gone out and had the shit jobs, I've worked fast food and delivery and the like, and it just isn't for me. I'll even take something lower-tier, I just need ANYTHING. It's just that the current standards of full availability, schedule changes every week, one day off, etc., that sort of bullshit is obscene. It's made me miss funerals or life events, and that really hurts me. I can do shit work, but I need to get treated like I'm anything but a slave.

I'll take some job in a cubicle and wake up at 7 in the morning, even though I've always been told it's soul-crushing. I have no idea how the fuck to get one, where to look.

tl;dr: How do I find a job with a fixed schedule or just generally isn't a minimum wage food job or whatever?
>>
My mom does the same.
>>
>>17985552
look at the careers sections of websites of companies you'd like to work for and send them resumes. Ask your friends who have those jobs if their employers are hiring.
>>
>>17985552

trial and error. it mostly comes down with who your manager and co workers are. if you dont like it, keep hunting. sometimes to find the best situation you need to put in a little extra effort.

as far as finding one wiht a fixed schedule or not being minimum wage, you need to bring somethign to the table. you need to be worth something. minimum wage is considered the basic human dignity. to get more than that you need to be worth more than that.

i make good money, i do whatever i want at work, and i get unlimited PTO becuase I'm worth it.
>>
>>17985575
Well, I've always had a good work ethic and become a useful part of any team quickly. And like I said, I would be fine even with minimum wage, it's just the shifting schedule, one-day-off crap I cannot stand.

I just don't know where to look, what companies even exist to look for or submit to.
>>
>>17985552
take care of yourself (hygiene if not fitness)

dress like you care about the impressions you have on people

be punctual

take responsibility for your mistakes AND you accomplishments

take initiative and don't be afraid to fuck up when the alternative is sitting back and watching shit get fucked up anyway.
>and move to a 2nd-world country
>>
>>17985612

>i dont even know hwere to look

then you probably arent smart enough to get a good job
>>
>>17985552
Dude that's exactly how it works listen to your fucking mom you arrogant little twat
I don't know where the fuck you live but I live in Berlin and it's a pretty progressive city and going in a store or whatever and asking for a job is how I always get my jobs. That's what I tell all my friends but they won't listen and guess what they don't get one. Maybe even go in there with a ready application file, ask for a test day and that's it
>>
>>17986512
>Berlin
We are talking about first world cities, not cities where normal people get stabbed in front of the station everyday, because they don't want to buy drugs.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.