[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a psychological problem. I can't believe other people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: human-1211467.png (1MB, 1556x1920px) Image search: [Google]
human-1211467.png
1MB, 1556x1920px
I have a psychological problem. I can't believe other people when they like different stuff than me. For example hardcore music. I just can't imagine someone can honestly enjoyinh this and I think everyone is just using it for self-staging / self-presentation purposes ( I don't know how to say it, I think they do it to give people a specific, desired image of themselves)
In a way, I think everything we do is to fulfill this reason, and I can't get that mindset out of my head. Every single thing someone tells me, I can't take it serious, I just see how they try to create an deliberate image of themselves. Never being honestly interested in a topic they are talking about.
Does someone of you have similar thoughts and how do you deal with that? Or just a phase in your life where you thought you know anybodys true intentions and how did you get out of this arrogant thinking? I know I'm bullshitting myself but my thoughts are so loud. It has gotten so bad with time and I can't take anyone serious anymore. I feel like I'm disscosiating
>>
You're partially right. People do genuinely enjoy the "thing" for what it is, but they also enjoy the way that thing presents them to society.

A great example would be driving a BMW. They are in fact much nicer than a honda or a ford, so driving the BMW is more fun, but people also wanna be seen for the status.
>>
Do you have anything you genuinely love? just imagine they like their thing as much as you like yours.
>>
My first thought was to make a wisecrack comparing unability to accept others views to religious cults.. then i realized you might actually be in trouble.
One simple explanation for peoples interests seeming phony might be that they don't want to talk about anything with you and choosing a topic they loathe as a way to hide any real feelings. They are just uncomfortable with you or uninterested.
The more serious case would be if you are having some kind of psychological break. Go talk to a shrink, they will know if this is the case.
If you don't know where to find one, go to any regular doctor, explain your thoughts and tell them you need a referral to a shrink.
>>
>>17985324
That sounds good thank you
>>17985329
I'm deeply afraid that a therapist (are you talking about one) would see this thinking as an illness and will only list standard phrases he learned to say. That he is simply stupid. I want to be taken serious. I don't wanna get told that my thoughts are just a product of an illness. My thoughts are justified.
For example pair therapists. No amount of talking about how there is reasoning behind actions won't cover the fact that your significant other is an asshole who doesn't love you anymore. Yet they try to convince you it's normal
>>
>>17985270
My suggestion would be to go do something with someone that they really, really love. One of your friends has a favourite album or movie that you don't really like? Ask them to sit you down and take in the album, beginning to end, and talk about the parts they love. Enthusiasm is infectious. Even if you don't come away loving the album, you'll surely come away having an appreciation for what that album means to that person.
>>
>>17985270
it sounds like you have autism. not the 4chan definition, but actual autism/aspergers.
>>
>>17985407
help
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.