[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm almost 21 and I still haven't chosen a career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: willies.jpg (76KB, 443x527px) Image search: [Google]
willies.jpg
76KB, 443x527px
So I'm almost 21 and I still haven't chosen a career path I wanna take. I should be in my last year of school by now, I know. I've tried career quiz websites and tons of reading about different jobs and asking people around me and I've narrowed it down to what I like and dislike but choosing an actual career is the trouble.
Without giving too many boring details about something that would fit for me...
I like computers, have interests in programming or developing. I'm also creative and like making art, but having a job that depends on solely artistic talent scares me. I hate people directly but working in a project is alright though.
I've been suggested to do stuff from 3d modeling, graphic design, multimedia bullshit, web development, programming, "Game design" and others.
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of similar careers that would be good or even better, if anyone who has experience in those things or similar could give me some advice? I try and read as much as I can but it would be really nice to actually talk to someone about it. Thank you so much.

tl;dr
>Choosing career
>I like computers and being creative
>Looking for suggestions for jobs that could work well or advice from people in similar fields.
>>
This is going to sound weird but do you like architecture? There a re a couple of guys at work that design buildings, offices, open spaces. It requires using a computer and lots of concentration and imagination.

In my case I went for a degree in mechanical engineering plus administration since I couldn't figure out what I wanted in life. So far things are alright, been working in maintenance
>>
>>17983871
That's a really great idea, I would of never thought of that. I've played around with sketchup in high school to make model houses but I always found that they looked generic and I have no passion to make something great. I like looking at beautiful houses and buildings, but not designing them.
That seems like a good degree with a lot of possibilities. How was school for you? I'm afraid to go to university because I try and stick to more hands on education but I think doing any type of computer science/engineering course would be lovely.
(I'm Canadian by the way, so our education system might be different.)
>>
>I like computers and being creative

UX Designer. I'm surprised this wasn't the first post.
>>
>>17983879
I didn't really care about school until my 3rd year or so. One time I chose playing Half Life instead of doing an extra project. Soon after that I started as an intern and finally understood the importance of being a responsible adult. Because of this my grades weren't exactly something to be proud of.

Last year I completed a MBA and my grades were fantastic. Despite the lack of sleep, fun and vacations I loved every single assignment.

My point is, what is it that you definitely love to do? I like to understand how things work, that's why I went to the engineering school. Once there I realized quality management is some tight shit.
>>
>>17983899
thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to read more into that, it seems like a great idea since I find the really specific details of graphic design to be interesting. I had never even heard of the field before!
>>17983918
that last point was kind of an eye opener and it helped a lot. I should jot down what I actually enjoy doing. And yeah, I love taking crap apart and seeing how it works. I love fixing and building and i've been doing it since I was a kid.
True, school is stressful but I'd like to think I'm determined enough to keep my shit together. Hopefully...
>>
>>17983937
I am a massive procrastinator and suffer a lot while reading or studying because I have the attention span of a golden retriever. I'm sure you can do this anon.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.