[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyway to get someone to stop being late all the time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ert678456.jpg (63KB, 540x483px)
ert678456.jpg
63KB, 540x483px
Is there anyway to get someone to stop being late all the time? I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and every single time I've planned stuff with him hes been late, he was even late to our first date! I'm not even exaggerating when I say every time either. I've been patient and considerate but after nearly 2 years this shit is getting really old because its not late by a few minutes its late like by 30 minutes to an hour, sometimes even longer. The reasons are always either he fell asleep or got distracted. Can I do anything to help him stop doing this or is it useless?
>>
>>17983821

i drop people like that.

>have friend
>always at least an hour late
>to everything
>sometimes will say 'ill be right back' then just never comes back
>insists i go play dodgeball with him
>i hate it but agree
>its only 2 hours long
>he shows up an hour fucking late
>'dont bother coming man, you already missed half of it'
>'i dont mind man'
>'i dont care what YOU mind, you made me come here and play something i hate for an hour, were done'.

havent seen him since
>>
>>17983821
Have you tried telling him it bothers you? Like really really bothers you?

Then you need to decide if you can live with it or break up.
>>
>>17983821
As a guy who is 300% more punctual than I used to be, I can say probably not.
The only thing that taught me to be punctual was dire consequences for being late. It was when I developed the fear, that's when I forced out the discipline necessary. After being disciplined for a while, it became a habit. I still have the fear, but it's good fear and I keep it with me because it's healthy and useful. I like being on time.
>>
>>17983836
Would trying to install fear in him myself work? Like "you need to get this together or this relationship isn't going to work out? kind of shit? Although I feel like that's manipulative and a bad move, especially since I have no intention of leaving him even if he doesn't get better.
>>
>>17983833
Kinda, I've told him that I'm fed up with it and he needs to stop.
>>
>>17983821

You've dealt with it for two years. Why are you reaching out now? This reeks of venting, not actual advice requesting.

Your options are:

1. Continue dealing with it and accept it is a character defect that will not change.

2. Give him an ultimatum to get his shit together or you're going to leave him.

3. Cut to the chase and break up with him now, because he's almost certainly not going to change and it's too obnoxious and inconsiderate to continue dealing with.

If it was me, I'd be doing 2 or even 3. It's not just a punctuality thing, he's got shitty lifestyle habits and a lack of respect for you if he refuses to stay awake or focused enough to follow through on plans that matter to you.

I seriously do not understand how or why you just lived with this behavior for two fucking years. I dropped a girl after two MONTHS of this shit, and I was goddamn desperate to make it work.
>>
>>17983821
Caitlyn?
>>
Just tell him, that unless he calls in advance, that any more than 10-15 minutes late is unacceptable. Then, if you find yourself waiting longer than that, just leave and turn off your phone or block him until the next day.
Either he can and will change, or he won't. Don't sit around waiting for some asshole who is so inconsiderate that your time means nothing to them.
>>
>>17983821
he doesn't respect you.

as for what to do to change that, leave him. obviously. if he hasn't respected you in two years, do you really want to be with someone like that? who would be with someone they don't respect for such a long time?
>>
>>17983891
Omg how did you know?
>>
>>17983821
Just tell him the date/event/whatever starts 30-60 minutes earlier than it does. Don't expect him to be on time.
>>
I had a friend like that and i usually just told him a time like 30-45 minutes earlier than i told other people. Worked well flr.the most part
>>
>>17983821
Next time, if he does not show up on time go with out him. Have plans to go to event that start say 1900 hours. Tell him to meet you 1800 hours at you house, so you can leave immediately for the event together. If and when he does not show up at 1800 hours, go to the event without him, send a text "went to x event, see you there if you make it" Then proceed to have a wonderful time and maybe meet someone there who owns a timepiece.
>>
>>17983857
I doubt it, and you're right. Don't say something that isn't true.
>>
>>17983821
Topkek its funny how something that sounds as stupid as being late can cause havoc. That dopey cunt im guessing lmao
>>
>>17983821
Maybe has adhd and narcolepsy. Ask him.
>>
Whatever time the date is, tell him it's half an hour earlier than it actually is.
>>
>>17986501
>Maybe has adhd and narcolepsy

What a combo.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.