[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a friend of mine has been posting about open relationships,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1463266030189.jpg (227KB, 1124x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463266030189.jpg
227KB, 1124x960px
So a friend of mine has been posting about open relationships, etc on Facebook (have you all seen that video?) and my main question is simply:

What is the appeal?
>>
>>17978906
what video?
>>
Depending on the person and how serious they are about it, it's either having the perks of a serious relationship while being able to fuck around, or it's being able to maintain a serious long term connection while not having to shut down every other person you're attracted to. Technically you don't just miss out on sex and infatuation by doing that, but also what you could learn from them and your interaction, what they could add to your life or just getting to know them by itself. And obviously there's a point in that once you have that kind of connection with someone, you easily have certain personal conversations and moments you usually don't with people.
I guess also the naïve idea that you have a sort of loophole in regards to cheating and jealousy if you open the relationship, that won't threaten your bond anymore (in theory).
>>
>>17978908

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEjgMhF0uQo
>>
>>17978906
>What is the appeal
same with swingers, except those guys are less pretentious in thinking they are doing something new
>>
>>17978920
I couldn't finish that.
>>
File: IMG_4689.jpg (466KB, 870x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4689.jpg
466KB, 870x960px
>>17978920
Oh good lord. I knew it would be Buzzfeed.
>>
>>17978947

I finally watched it all on my third attempt (fast forwarded through it).

The thing that gets is that both these men expresses insecurities and jealousy and then expect us believe that a simple change in thought eliminated these insecurities.

Their feelings of jealousy and feeling like shit is natural, it's a hard wired reaction to seeing they're partner be with someone else. There's no chance they're suddenly able to feel comfortable about that.
>>
>>17978955
But anon they have all been together for 2 months! This is obviously a success story worthy of a video message proclaiming polyamory as the true, new, natural system to rival that of monogamy :^)
>>
>>17978955
Theoretically it's possible, but it is likely that they have rationalized it for a while and it can be triggered by something else.

I think that's one of the things people typically don't realize about these arrangements, that being okay with your partner fucking someone else is the very baseline requirement rather than the worst you'll have to be able to deal with.

Anyway, chances are at least one of them also suppressed the jealous feelings with the thought that they have a girl on their hands they like who allows them to fuck around or get a second girlfriend.
>>
>>17978955
There's also the uncomfortable recognition that this is only going to go one way. She's way more likely to find guys willing to stoop to such a thing than they are to find girls who don't mind being the second girlfriend.
>>
File: Why.jpg (60KB, 663x732px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
60KB, 663x732px
>>17978906
>having literal cuckolds as your friends.
Why would you do that senpai?
>>
>>17978971
So you can fuck their girlfriends obviously
>>
You can literally feel the discomfort emanating from these people.

It's not just the men, either. She was also visibly shaken when he admitting that he was fooling around with other people.

Yes, it sure seems natural to try and ignore our natural reactions.
>>
It ruins your life when you get older and can't have real bonds anymore.There is a reason the elders looked down on it, and it's not because they are old stuffies
>>
>>17978906
Lol what's that cat doing to her brother dog lo
Also it's about money and love and knowledge and communions and working and traveling. In life op,.....l
>>
>>17978920
>"open" relationship

these retards are fuckbuddies and nothing more
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.