[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

everytime I try to chalk up the courage to ask my co-worker out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1453897912042.jpg (771KB, 1197x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1453897912042.jpg
771KB, 1197x1228px
everytime I try to chalk up the courage to ask my co-worker out after work or something, I just lose that drive when I'm eating lunch with her and she talks about a bunch of things my socially inept self cannot match (i.e. clubbing/drinking/partying).

like maybe I'm reading too much but I think there's something going on between us if we're going to eat lunch very often and I haven't head the boyfriend word (only ex-) for the past few months.

how do i know if it's really safe to proceed? And even if by miracle I do ask her out (i am awkward as hell though), how the hell do I pull through if I've never partied.
>>
>>17976607
>how do i know if it's really safe to proceed?
If you care about your job or your friendship, don't.

>like maybe I'm reading too much but I think there's something going on between us if we're going to eat lunch very often and I haven't head the boyfriend word (only ex-) for the past few months.
Friends do this, OP.

>And even if by miracle I do ask her out (i am awkward as hell though), how the hell do I pull through if I've never partied.
Why do you have to party?
>>
>>17976621
>Friends do this, OP.
but do friends casually touch someone else's hand

im confused and awkward. i'm the epitome of an anon considering i've been here since i was literally 12
>>
Sort of same boat in that a co-worker that I like always stares at me and finds amy reason to talk to me. She also extends her arm for me to hold her hand and she lets me hold her as if we're actually a thing when we're not.

This has been happening for about three days and I haven't asked her out because (even though people say not to take social media seriously) she always follows single guys on Instagram. I mean, don't know what she wants, but I do know what I want but at the same time I don't want to bring it up because we aren't going out.
>>
>>17976650
Judging by the picture you chose to post in the OP, you are going on 15?
>>
>>17976607
>>17976650
>but do friends casually touch someone else's hand

Sometimes yeah. I have female friends and coworkers tap me on the shoulder or put their hand on my back etc....it means nothing. At the best it means I don't creep them out. But I've never seriously considered that any of them were attracted to me because my gut doesn't tell me they do.

And that's the best I can offer: listen to your gut. You're not supposed to just look for what you want to see, you need to have context for everything and it's the sum of all those "signs of interest" + your gut feeling that knows if a girl likes you or not.

Normally I'd say just ask her out, but if you work with her it may get kinda awkward. Not that it necessarily will, but you know what they say about shitting where you eat.
>>
>>17976775
no I just graduated from uni recently.
>>
>>17976850
In my experience it's the opposite. When they start doing stuff like that I realize they're into me, but I just play it cool and let it build for a while, then when they finally admit they want to fuck me they always tell me there wasn't any sexual tension back then when they were touching me.

Basically, she's not yet aware of the fact that she wants to fuck you. This is why when your girl is hanging out and laughing/flirting with her male friends, it's a red flag. In her mind she doesn't want to fuck them, but it's honestly only a matter of time. Girls are all the same.
>>
>>17976873
Well every situation is different. I will admit, there have been *some* times when a girl has said or done something and I thought to myself "wow, she seems into me for some reason". Just last week even, a girl randomly grabbed my wrist while walking past me and I thought that was....strange.

But I was hoping OP's takeaway would be not to read into shit. When a guy says "she totally touched my hand" I don't know if that means she did truly and deliberately touch his hand for longer than necessary, or if she just brushed his fingertips while she handed him something, know what I mean?
>>
>>17976884
She was touching my hand repeatedly in one occasion to make fun of how much of a germaphobe after picking something up off the floor.

Something like that. I'm trying not to be exact because at least one coworker knows I frequent 4chan.

it's still within friendly bounds which is why I'm still here being too much of a pussy to even casually hang out with her outside of work/lunch.

she doesn't even like anime/vidya so I don't know how I manage keeping conversation with her everyday.
>>
>>17976650
OP IF SHE IS TOUCHING YOU ASK HER OUT. GIRLS DON't touch dudes they don't like!!!
But
>socially inept self cannot match (i.e. clubbing/drinking/partying).
Is a bad sign, she might not be right for you.
>>
>>17976621
>Why do you have to party?
What the fuck is this?

I don't want to party but he clearly does. You're asking people why they want to do what they want to do. How do you expect to get an answer? Fucko.
>>
>>17976607
Next time she brings up clubbing, ask where she went to.
Ask if it was good, if no, ask where is good.
Then ask her if she is going there anytime soon, if she isn't ask her to go at a suitable time, however if she already has a plan ask her when and if she thinks you'd like it.
Hopefully that would lead to you getting invited, if she mentions she didn't think you liked drinking/clubs (I presume you haven't been clubbing) when you can either lie or mention that it would be your first time. I doubt she'd be a dick about that, and would know to stop you from drinking too much.
I terms of how much you should drink I would drink a couple of mixed drinks like vodka and lemonade, and perhaps do shots of vodka, sambuca, jaegerbombs, but space them out and do roughly 10 drinks in total.
The alcohol should help with your awkwardness.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.