[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What options are there for someone who wants to become religious/spiritual?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: stellahov.jpg (113KB, 1211x647px) Image search: [Google]
stellahov.jpg
113KB, 1211x647px
What options are there for someone who wants to become religious/spiritual?

Recently I've been considering different religions and the most compelling one I've considered is Christianity so far.

Just interested in my options really.
>>
>Wants to become religious
This makes no sense, OP. Religion has only existed this long because it gets drilled into people when they're impressionable children. How do you wake up one morning and DECIDE to believe that magic is real and the devil's gonna get you? You need a therapist, not a priest.
>>
>>17975398
I'm curious. What is it about Christianity that interests you?
>>
File: pilgrim2.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
pilgrim2.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>17975398

Don't focus on finding a religion unless you're seeking a religious community OP. I've been seeking a religion for years until I realized that wanted faith but disliked virtually every community for various reasons.

Read the major literature of the world's faiths. The Bible, The Quran, The Daodejing, etc. Or if they have no major literature then learn about their beliefs online. Doing so will let you make a more well rounded decision if you're still looking for a religious community because many of the ones today don't practice real faith and only exist as echo chambers, so knowing what your chosen faith truly means and represents will give you an advantage in avoiding those.

Christianity is fantastic, but since it's so huge and has literally thousands of diverse communities, it would benefit you greatly to do your research. At the absolute minimum read the Bible (a priest recommended to me the NIV translation for first-timers) and reflect on what it means to you. You'll find that many Christians have never done anything more than shuffle through a few pages at random which is really unfortunate given the fantastic wisdom that can be found in that book.

I wish you a fruitful journey pilgrim.

Matthew 6

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."
>>
I hope op found what he was looking for
>>
>>17975398
I'm with you
I really want to be religious
But I look at reality and all that I've known
And all that tells me that religion is hollow

I want to believe
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.