[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I make my girlfriend feel more "special"? Show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hobbes.gif (19KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hobbes.gif
19KB, 1680x1050px
How can I make my girlfriend feel more "special"? Show that I care about her and make her feel secure in the relationship?

I'm no asskisser but Im also aware that I don't show empathy very well. I listen to her issues and offer my opinion if she asks for it. Take her out, get flowers every other week (mainly because I also like them too from growing up on a farm). I tell her that I appreciate the things she does for me, that I love her and whatnot but its like she takes it for granted or wants more communication. How much more can I talk over text?

Her girlfriends are a bit jealous that she's with me since their boyfriends, while nice guys, are pretty fucking useless when it comes to fixing things, cooking, outdoors and or just being dependable. They were just raised as city surburbia boys while I came from rural country so I grew up with being independant
>>
If I was your gf I'd feel special just from the cooking and flowers and the fact you verbally acknowledge the things she does for you.

If she still needs more I guess I'd say try giving her a call instead of just texting? Or maybe be more generous in bed, though I imagine you are?

If she doesn't appreciate that, it sounds like an issue with her. You sound like a generous lover.
>>
>>17973111
Bed and affection is fine. I think she's just looking for something to bitch about while comparing notes with the other friends about their relationships
>>
>>17973170
>looking for something to bitch about while comparing notes with the other friends about their relationships
and there you have it. i think this one has just about run its course, anon. she is devolving into the princess mindset. soon, nothing you do will be good enough and your life will become suffering.
>>
>>17973183
Great
>>
I'd write to her. Write her a letter for you anniversary or something. Doesnt have to be too crazy just what you enjoy about her and some fun memories you guys had the past couple months or something. Should work just fine.
>>
Look up love languages. Figure out which style she is, and appeal to that one the most.
>>
Do you open up to her emotionally? Tell her about your dreams and fears?

Gestures like giving flowers, telling her you love her, etc. are wonderful (and to be clear, you sound like a great bf), but perhaps what she's missing–and can't articulate–is a certain amount of emotional closeness and vulnerability.

The reciprocal relationship between men and women, traditionally, is that men take care of physical tasks like fixing things, working, etc (which you do) and women do the emotional labor of taking care of children and acting as something between a psychoanalyst and a mother for their s/o. So, even if you fill your role well, if you can't talk about your feelings with her, you deprive her of this role, thus making her feel not useful (and therefore not special) despite the flowers and dates.

this is just a guess, by the way
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.