[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw second serious relationship in a row lost because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (328KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
328KB, 500x500px
>tfw second serious relationship in a row lost because of my crippling drug addiction

fucking kill me. I just can't stay clean and it's ruined everything in my life at least once. literally the only time I'm sober is the 8 hours I'm working. I'm 19 and have done every drug you can name, minus some obscure psychs. currently struggling with booze, coke, and xanax.. life is hell and the only thing I'm living for is the next buzz. I don't know what to do but OD and die at this point.

gimme some advice, /adv/.
>>
>>17972800
check into a rehab clinic.
>but ______
just go to a rehab clinic. Google it and go there.
>>
>>17972800
You're 19 and probably still on your parents insurance. Go to a 30 day center then sober living.
>>
>>17972804
I've been curious about rehab.

How will it effect work and living conditions?

I work 40 hours a week, and I still want to have my apartment.
>>
what happened?
>>
>>17972813
You will not work for 30 days. You're 19. You move out of the apartment. You go to sober living. You quit your job and learn to live again.
>>
>>17972813
You will probably need to take a leave from work. But if you are serious about getting clean this is how.
>>
>>17972825
>>17972827
Not OP, 24 year old male here just curious.

I manage a store but have been slipping dramatically in my work ethic. I think I'll wait for them to fire me before seeking help, and just stack money until then, is that a decent strategy?
>>
>>17972831
Nope.
You're basically passing the burden of responsibility and making excuse not to get clean yet.
>>
>>17972842
I don't really have a fall back though. If I lose my job, I'm homeless.

There's not family to take me in, and I make good money.
>>
>>17972846
There are lots of options.

Taking a leave of work.
Public assistance living until you get back on your feet.
Medical leave
low income living until you get back on your feet.

Its your life. But you need to decided what to do. You can either get clean or stop bitching about your problems and keep working until shit hits the fan 10 times worse.
>>
>>17972831
No, if you have insurance through them you can take leave and then return. You may not need sober living and just need IOP.
>>
Also a drug addict, though more of an alcoholic. I owe 2000 to restitution... 3000 to the bank.. and 1000 to a government insurance thing. All because of alcohol. Still didn't quit and still not paying bills. Maybe when the cops come knocking and tell me to pay my bills ill smarten up. But Im gonna need a damn good reason as to why im not paying.. if they check my bank records im fucked because ive been on probation for 2 years and those 2 years were me slowing going in debt to booze on a credit card. Conditions not to drink and its going to show that ive been drinking for two years. Maybe they will sentence me to detox and treatment, then let me have another chance to pay, or they could be assholes and sentence me to prison for 10-200$ a day
>>
>>17972800
you ever do 4 meo pcp
>>
>>17972860
I just feel so responsible at my jobs position, it's kind of dragging me down. If I wanted to take the leave, I'd need to find someone else with manager capabilities to cover the store for that entire time, and then just fire them when it was over.
>>
>>17972910
Talk to your superiors about it. They can move an assistant manager from another store to do it and garner experience in the position. Just talk with your boss.

Retail management is dogshit anyway dude.
>>
>>17972914
It's kind of a smaller company, like yeah they have other stores and shit.. But, god.. I'd just feel like such a failure if I had to seek outside help.

I want to try and get through this on my own.

I don't want them to look down on me, I'm the youngest manager they've had and they think I show a lot of promise.
>>
>cwipwing dwug adickshun

You know, you could just stop using them. But, no I forgot, you have a """"""disease.""""""
>>
>>17972932
You're a failure if you don't get help. Nip this in the bud while you're young. You don't want to be the old alcoholic with a distended gut who shits himself and can't walk because of dts.
>>
>>17972954
I don't know, everyone always says you need help for everything. But, I don't know if I agree with that completely.

I'm not on the same train as >>17972948 but I feel like I'm one of the individuals that's strong enough on his own to make that step in life, and crawl out on his own.

I just hate that there isn't much of an inbetween.

Like, can't we just accept that yeah addiction is a real problem, and SOME people might need help getting over it, but most normal and healthy people that suffer from an addiction also have their own strength and willpower to be able to get themselves out of the hole?
>>
>>17972973
Take the Michigan Alcohol Screening test.
http://counsellingresource.com/quizzes/drug-testing/alcohol-mast/

I get "problem drinker". I can decide to not drink for extended periods easily. I don't get so drunk that I embarass myself in public either. It doesn't get in the way of school or work.
>>
>>17972981
Yeah, I got problem drinker too. 10 on the nose.

But, it's not a drinking addiction. I just replaced the scenarios with applicable situations.
>>
Easy.
You're a weak minded person with low self esteem.
This comes from the lack of affection you felt as a child/teen.
Get rehab, then get therapy, then surround yourself with people that love you. Your life will change monumentally and you'll never look back.
>>
Is it really an addiction if you don't talk about it on facebook and seek attention for it?
>>
>>17972988
I get a 4 bro
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.