[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any older anon's give me helpful advice for a 18 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1480856516683.jpg (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480856516683.jpg
2MB, 1080x1080px
Can any older anon's give me helpful advice for a 18 year old?
im directionless and i have no clue on what i want to do with my life
>>
When I was your age, I was engaged, living in an apartment we shared, had a job I really liked, and was having the time of my life.

I just turned 27. I have a three year old with someone I want to punch in the face when they're sleeping, a job that pays too little, in a pretty decent house in a cozy neighborhood. I hate my life.

Life tip, don't knock anyone up until you've been married and are at least 30. Kids are great, but they are traps.
>>
study hard
work hard
play hard

You'll figure it out if you do. Its a process, not a decision.
>>
>>17971805
Sounds to me you just picked the wrong girl to marry.
>>
Travel as much as you can.
Even if its a different part of your state an hour away. Do it.

Don't expect anything from people or govt.

Get off 4chan. Or at least cut down the time you use on it.
>>
>>17971801
This is difficult for someone a bit older than you to answer. I'm 30 and in my short time of existence I've seen massive changes in markets, economy and social structures. The only common denominator in my opinion that makes these things along and enables all the changes I've witnessed is technology and adoption of it by the masses. Look how connected we all are now in comparison to how we were just 10 years ago. And if this year's CES is any indication of where tech is heading, it's in AI and automation. Birthing an artificial intelligence will make most human cognitive abilities obsolete.

If I were in your shoes, I would try and brainstorm ways of how all this technology will impact the society you live in and determine what will be of value once humanity has no use for other humans other than for social aspects. Perhaps your generation can be the ones to pave a new society, one that's fairer and more free than any humanity has ever experienced due to having access to the best tools that AI can fathom. It's not going to be easy but, start having these conversations now with your peers and maybe we can have an actual fighting chance to allow these emerging technologies to enrich all our lives rather than just make an even more so impossibly competitive environment.

Be the change you want to see in the world anon.
>>
>>17971916
I'm a girl and yeah, got knocked up after only a year with a guy I knew wasn't "the one". But hey, he turned out to be a great dad and a great provider for her. He's just a shitty husband. Self absorbed, little man syndrome, narcissistic, and controlling as fuck. But I'm trying to do the right thing and raise my daughter the best way I can and give her what I didn't have - two parents in one household. It's a work in progress.
>>
>>17971801 (OP)
This is difficult for someone a bit older than you to answer. I'm 30 and in my short time of existence I've seen massive changes in markets, economy and social structures. The only common denominator in my opinion that makes these things *move along and enables all the changes I've witnessed is technology and adoption of it by the masses. Look how connected we all are now in comparison to how we were just 10 years ago. And if this year's CES is any indication of where tech is heading, it's in AI and automation. Birthing an artificial intelligence will make most human cognitive abilities obsolete.

If I were in your shoes, I would try and brainstorm ways of how all this technology will impact the society you live in and determine what will be of value once humanity has no use for other humans other than for social aspects. Perhaps your generation can be the ones to pave a new path for society, one that's fairer and more free than any *civilization has ever experienced due to having access to the best tools that AI can fathom. It's not going to be easy but, start having these conversations now with your peers and maybe we can have an actual fighting chance to allow these emerging technologies to enrich all our lives rather than just make an even more so impossibly competitive environment.

Be the change you want to see in the world anon.

Edited cuz I didn't proof read and had typos.
>>
>>17971955
That's pretty encouraging. But how long can you deal with having such an unfullfilling life? You ever feel like 'this is it' for you?
>>
>>17971801
I'm 22. Here's my advice for you.
Travel alone - being abroad by yourself can teach you a lot about being comfortable with yourself.
If you do go to school, do every single reading, assignment, and suggestion the professor makes. They'll notice. I'm no genius, but getting A's at a Big 10 university was easy enough just by following their suggestions on how to do things right.
Start working out now. Cut out bread, milk, lessen your alcohol/tobacco usage. Cook lots of vegetables and lean meats. Drink tons of water. Within a few weeks you'll feel a noticeable change in clarity of your mind and comfort with your body - even if it takes 6 months to get results. I'm still overweight, but I lift enough to where other people have noted. Feels good. It also will improve your confidence and attractiveness to women.
Go to career fairs and tour various colleges (community/trade/university) and visit some job sites. I wish I had picked a different major, but this advice recently helped a friend of mine become a welder.

Hope this helps.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.