[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does "we need to take a break" usually mean the relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1484597035043.jpg (50KB, 820x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484597035043.jpg
50KB, 820x960px
Does "we need to take a break" usually mean the relationship is over even though they say its not permanent?
>>
beginning of the end. its over. accept it and move on.
yes it sucks
>>
In my own experience, yes. I wasted an entire summer waiting for the end of the so called "break" only to be told they didn't want to be with me anymore and couldn't commit. Don't waste your time like I did anon.
>>
Op here. Heres more context
>>
Oh, for sure.

I had an ex want to take a break for a week. So we did. Four months later, she was being weird as shit. Then we went on an extended break.

Then she broke up with me. Cut that shit out now and say that if she wants a break, then you're just going to break up with her.

Breaks are just for her sucking other dude's dicks.
>>
>>17971536
So who initiated the break? You or her...? Cuz I'm confused by her saying she wants to try again but wants a break?
>>
>>17971549
She did
>>
>>17971536
this gives no context

>please dont do anything to yourself
what? did you threaten her with self harm?

i know it sucks but from here on you are only allowed to focus on yourself. put yourself first. dont buy into this 'if you want to try again bullshit'.
cut all ties, stop having hope that she will reconsider. a broken up man knows where he stands. a man on a break is in fucking limbo, like a dog left at the shelter waiting for their owner to come back.
ive been through this, my friends have been through this and more often than not, this is the end of the relationship.
DO NO REMAIN FRIENDS.
cut contact and continue living. youll thank yourself in the future.
>>
Nothing is absolute OP.

I asked my bf for a break because I wanted to work on myself without the pressure of the relationship. Neither of us dated or slept with anyone during that time. I went to therapy, kept minimal contact, became a better and happier person. We didn't see each other for 30 days. Now we're back together and even happier. The break was crucial to my growth as a person and our happiness as a couple. Still going strong.

Maybe we're a special case but Im just saying nothing is impossible.
>>
For the vast majority of women, "break" means "I found new dick and need to plan my next move" to appease their sense of guilt and girl-logic.
>>
>>17971554
I used to self harm when i was younger and she fears ill do it again. And yeah thats what i feel like i should be doing but i just love her way too much to leave her.
>>
>>17971567
I think what you need to ask yourself is, are you wanting to go along with this idea of a break? What do you want to do? You need to choose what's healthy and right for you.
>>
>>17971512
if not shes going to fuck another guy during this "break"
Move on friend.
>>
It's over with brotha'. Might as well pack yah' shit and move on.
>>
>>17971515
/thread
>>
Okay to start this off, everyone needs to drop the negative thoughts regarding a "break". Guess what, people change and sometimes your lives may not be as compatible as they once were. The attraction that bonds you both together may have grown weaker. It's a part of life, it's the reason people get divorced, it's not a bad thing. Yes it may hurt right now, but when it's done hurting you'll be able to make new memories and happy moments with another person. And well the world is in a bit of a shortage when it comes to happy. So quit crying, quit bitching and go make yourself happy with someone else. If the ex comes back, cool. If not, still fucking cool. Allow yourself to be happy. Don't allow yourself to become obsessed with another human. You have the power to choose how you react to this.
>>
>>17971512
>>17971536
Kick the bitch to the curb OP

You don't need her, you don't need her friendship. Everything is and was a lie. She wants to dick some other guy. You know it to be true. Search your feelings.
>>
>>17972455
Best I've gotten so far. Ill try to do this but it just hurts too much right now
>>
Not always

Speaking from personal experience I thought the same as you. We had some big arguments and weren't getting on, all of our conversations felt forced and she went really distant and would barely speak to me

We had a chat, and said she needed a 'break'. So after reading all these stories and advice online etc. I thought yep it's over, so I ended up breaking up with her shortly after the 'break' ended and nothing improved.

But a month later we started speaking and we met up, I explained I thought a lot about how we ended up drifting apart and all of our issues and how things could improve. After a few weeks we'd seen each other multiple times and things were basically back to normal in the honeymoon phase.

I guess it all depends on the situation and the context. It doesn't always mean that she wants to start fucking other guys etc. which is what people will usually spout on here. But my advice would be to give her the space she asks for and not initiate any contact at all and not appear needy. It's really hard and anxiety inducing but it's the only way. Breaking up with her seemed to make her realise what she was missing in my case and she came back
>>
>>17972513
No, yours probably got pumped and dumped and came back because the other guy didnt wan't a relationship.
Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Love doesn't need breaks famalam.
>>
>>17972551
>love doesnt need breaks
Thats fucking deep senpai.
>>
>>17971550
then what are you waiting for?

You are her safety net, she wants a break to hook up with other people, and in case that fails she knows you wil be there

please, break with her, dont do this to yourself
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.