[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had a guitar for years and tried many times to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: erdfgd.png (383KB, 960x391px) Image search: [Google]
erdfgd.png
383KB, 960x391px
I've had a guitar for years and tried many times to get into learning it.
I can sort of play a few chords at this point but I've never really taken to it.
Can't really spent more than a few minutes practicing. No interest.
Should I call it quits and do something else?
>>
>>17971468
>No interest.

Then why are you even asking? It's rewarding once you feel that you're getting better, but to get there you're going to have to put up with a lot of frustrating repetition of songs you just don't quite feel like you have the hang of yet. You just have to decide whether or not you're going to have the motivation to go through that process.
>>
>>17971475
this. but learning to actually play an instrument till you can enjoy it is different though. if you're just beginning you won't have your left and right hands in 'sync' with each other or be able to move your fingers right.
but it's kind of like a game where you can't beat but once you beat it then it's rewarding.

for me I mainly enjoyed guitar by wanting to play really difficult songs that were a challenge

something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfzWpp0hMc took me months to learn
i slowly played through small sections at quarter of the speed then slowly worked up to the normal tempo. then did that for every section of the song and finally could play all the sections of the song (not perfectly though, which is another challange in guitar but still could play it decent not missing notes).

but learning guitar is mainly being able to strum or pick notes with your right hand in time/speed, and the left hand is mostly just muscle memory and pressing down on the notes correctly. so how you go about learning songs or learning guitar is most the part, there's better ways to learn how to play guitar.
>>
>>17971513
Is it much more engaging if you get real lessons from an actual teacher?
>>
File: 1444834812105[1].jpg (146KB, 1000x770px) Image search: [Google]
1444834812105[1].jpg
146KB, 1000x770px
>>17971523
well learning from a real teacher they'll 'teach' you better, but you could teach yourself in the same way if you know what you should learn to be a better player and what you're doing wrong.
posture and technique is most important part of playing. using proper posture makes playing more efficient and helps with technique, where technique makes notes sound out better and be able to switch between notes faster and without any mistake.

a teacher would show you exercises that build up both to a habit of doing both well, and certian exercises would do certian styles of playing. after doing exercises you'd be more proficient and be able to play them faster, and play better.

something like in pic moves into different postures on the neck. you'd do that very slowly making sure every note is sounding out correctly (as in clear and sustained, not dull or muted). once you're better you'd be able to play it faster but still be playing the notes right.

a teacher would make the learning aspect of guitar more suited towards you too. if you just gave someone that exercise and said repeat it a million times till your good it wouldn't be that fun for you.
so they show different songs or teach theory with improvising along, but suited towards your skill level and teaching different ways of playing while doing that.

something you'd be shown would be a simple chorded song with bar chords like smells like team spirit. most people who just picked up a guitar wouldn't play it, but would pick it up quickly then be able to play along and being able to play along would give them that accomplishment feeling.
>>
>>17971523
also like I said in that exercise being one of best, you could also adapt it similarly to certian sections of the song you show them.
usually playing a simple song the finger movements aren't really complex or fast.

but if you showed them a simple way it might be too easy and not switching up or having to move. say if you put 2 adjacent notes on 2 perpendicular strings. but if you played the same notes but showed in different positions, you could put 1 further up the neck and 1 further down and on a string over instead of the string next to it. that way they have to move over quickly, and instead of using the same finger for both notes they're using all 4 fingers of the hand to reach it better. and also having to not hit the wrong string but sounding out the notes

mostly it's just showing songs which are different skill levels to play and different techniques invovled. but if you just start teaching string skipping without being able to sound out notes or even strum smoothly it won't teach them well

basically teach basic techniques first, but doing so through songs to make it more engaging. then advanced techniques and theory after basics are down.
theory can be gone over by analysis of the song you're showing them
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.