[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to be friends with women? >tfw can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: zorak-is-pissed.jpg (276KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
zorak-is-pissed.jpg
276KB, 1024x1024px
Why is it so hard to be friends with women?

>tfw can't befriend some girls without them thinking you're trying to hit on them
>tfw can't hang out with a girl without them thinking it's a date (no matter how clearly you reassure that's it purely platonic)
>tfw can't befriend a girl without her getting pissy about other women you talk to
>tfw can't befriend some women without one of their guy friends making a big deal out of it, and threatening to cut her off unless she gets rid of you
>tfw can't befriend women without people thinking you two are dating
>tfw can't be physically affectionate and cuddle with a female friend without her eventually growing distant and seemingly uncomfortable, perhaps even avoiding you, but when you start to get uncomfortable in return, and tell her you no longer want to be friends, then she keeps trying to get back in touch no matter how many times you've blocked her
>tfw can't hang out with a friend over stuff you two are passionate about and really enjoy without her eventually putting a distance because her boyfriend thinks you two are getting too close
>tfw can't befriend some women because they constantly think there's an ulterior motive behind you wanting even anything to do with them

And don't give me that shit about how women only make boring, uninteresting friends. These women are the complete opposite of that. And friendship with other men only prove to be elementary, trite, odious, and abusive.
>>
Generally if you're heterosexual, it's difficult to be friends with the opposite sex. I mean, it's possible, despite what people here will tell you. But because of sexual urges, romantic feelings, and cultural expectations to name a few, there are more risks and complications involved.
>>
>>17971385
Probably because a lot of women have "friendzoned" guys that developed feelings for them.

I realize it sucks, but in a way it's because the girls want to avoid hurting people. Having to crush a friend because you're not romantically interested in them is no fun.
>>
I blame /r9k/
>>
>>17971385
Stop trying to be friends with females, for what purpose?
>friendship with other men only prove to be elementary, trite, odious, and abusive.
Oh you are a beta orbiter. K.
>>
>>17971385
The clearest and simplist answer is because as humans, we learned the best way to survive as a speices is to out-fuck the animals next to us. Now, as a society, yes we have made great societal strides in equality and human respect but WE as humans still have that primitive side of us that's always screaming IMPREGNATE HER! NO HER! FUCKKKK NOOOO HEEERRRR!!
>>
>Meet new girl at work
>Attraction both ways, personalities mesh
>Timing is wrong, can't ask her out immediately
>Mellow out a bit, try pursuing her agian
>Think she's just an awkward flirt, adores the attention I give her
>End of week: "sorry, anon, people are starting to talk about us, and I don't want that to get to the guy I just started dating."
>shouldhavementionedthatsooner.jpeg
>Whatever, she always has my back, we can be friends, but full-stop on the attention-showering
>I still treat her the way I'd like to be treated: show interest in her interests, trivial generosity, supportive and positive behavior
>This is reciprocated less and less as weeks pass
>Short "take a hint and stop bothering me" responses to texts, no conversations
>Only acknowledges my existence when we're at work

Truth is: people who already have the attention of the people whose attention they want just don't make very good friends. They don't value the relationship to the same degree, and it's easy to grow to resent that imbalance.
>>
>>17971518
Furthermore, when people talk about the "honeymoon phase" or the "cute" beginning of a relationship it's actually the male biology saying "Woo her, Impregnate her, and leave." Hence forth why that "feeling" lasts only a few months before our monkey brains say "NEXT!" That's why purely monogamous relationships are a truly new social norm of the past 100 years, prior to this, it was completely normal to have arranged marriages or affairs. That's another reason because this "shift" is a newer societal norm that our monkey brains are trying to wrap our heads around.
>>
Men and women can be friends. One of my closest friends is a male. As long as both friends are honest with one another and emotionally and sexually mature enough to not make things complicated, it is easy to be friends with one another. Not everyone has to fuck everything that moves..
>>
>>17971547
>purely monogamous relationships are a truly new social norm of the past 100 years
Any other completely arbitrary claims you'd like to make to support your point? I don't even disagree with you. I'm just offended by the obvious bullshit.
>>
>>17971385
Congrats. These females like you.
>>
>>17971573
So, you agree but, it's bullshit? What?! Please explain yourself. I know throwing words like "arbitrary" and "offended" normally have weight now against facts but if you're going to call something bullshit, back up your claims instead of being professionally offended.
>>
>>17971481
not being able to be friends with the opposite sex shows a lack of emotional maturity

also people who only think of the opposite sex as targets of romantic interest are more likely to cheat on their SOs

that being said OP >>17971385, while I think it's possible to be good friends with someone of the opposite sex, it's hard to be really close unless you grew up together or you don't find them attractive. unfortunately biology is always going to get in the way.
>>
>>17971385
>And friendship with other men only prove to be elementary, trite, odious, and abusive.
OP are you for real? I think your attitudes might be the problem here. You're blaming the whole sex for finding some senseless meatheads? I guffaw!
>>
Suppose I'll use this thread to look go some advice, this girl I work with who I have already asked out and been lightly turned down by has agreed to hangout alone. I still get mixed signals from her so I don't know. She has plenty of other friends so I don't see myself becoming a platonic male bestfriend. Does she just want to fuck?
>>
>>17971646
she probably just likes the attention from you. if she's not dtf and you don't want to be just friends then ignore her
>>
>>17971654
I get that but to agree to hangout with someone who has feeling for you in a private setting at night? I'm not saying I condone rape but isn't she asking for it? Sex, not rape...
>>
>>17971672
i mean she *probably* wants to fuck you so go for it
>>
>>17971672
I prefer one-on-one hang outs with people (both genders) mainly because I can barely handle being in groups. The second a third person comes is the second I grow quieter, and just sit there and listen to everyone else.

However, MOST people normally don't do one-on-one shit with another soul unless there is something going on between the two.
>>
>>17971385
>being friends with females

women can only please men in a sexual level not in an intellectual level.
>>
>>17971385
women are used to being hit up under false pretenses.
>>
>>17971573
>>17971599
You tried to call me out but I called you out and where are you now? I'm still waiting for you to defend your statement, which you obviously can not do. This is exactly whats wrong with this world now. People want to call "bullshit" but don't have the means to back up what they are whining about, but since they are "offended" they are "right." Sorry to tell you kids but, Science(s)(which includes Biology, where I LEARNED this nifty information>>17971518
>>17971547), facts, and truth always prevail over whiney professional victimhood.

Just like the FACT that Biology will tell you people can't switch genders. <--FACT
But since that probably offends you too, it's probably "bullshit" right? Riiiiiiight....

Buh Bye SJW idiot
>>
>>17971690
I agree and I think she knows that about me, which is why I'm inclined to believe she has some interest in me in that way since she's pretty outgoing.
>>
>>17971583
how so?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.