[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I accept that I am the cause of all of my problems, and that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1479675287924.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479675287924.gif
2MB, 400x250px
If I accept that I am the cause of all of my problems, and that I am capable of fixing my problems, how do I motivate myself to do so?

I just can't convince myself to put any time, effort, or thought into doing the things that I know could improve my life.
>>
>>17970024

There's a reason why people with no self-discipline fail at everything they do and life in general. You're a prime example. Just grow a spine and do the shit you know you have to. There are no shortcuts.
>>
just break it down into little tasks and try to build some momentum . instead of thinking "I have to fix my life now, GO!" do little things "I'm going to clean my room for 30 minutes" etc.
you'll feel good when you do the things you know you should be doing, and if you keep doing it you might even start to enjoy it
>>
>>17970024
hi ok here is the best advice. Get yourself as low as possible to the point where you want to die. Then, push yourself so hard towards acheiving one of your goals in an attempt to kill yourself. Works everytime. Examples from my life: got fat as fuck, wanted to die, tried to killmyself through excercising, got fit, no longer want to die. flawless.
>>
By knowing that you are the key to true happiness and no one can unlock ilthat for you but yourself.

And when you are truly happy, you can share that happiness with others and they will benefit as well.

The motivation here is that there is a higher goal that can be reached only by effort and persistence. It's like anything in life worth attaining, you're gonna need self discipline and self control and self assessment.
>>
>>17970039
I have tried to build momentum as you say but it always seems to fall flat. I don't get any significant satisfaction and I just stop and fall deeper again.

Self-discipline is something I would love to have but I don't really understand it at all. I'm not even really sure what it is, what it means. Is it the will to make yourself do something when you have no motivation to do it? How do I summon up that will? What works for you?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.