[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wife keeps talking about someone else's husband and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: M_Id_330128_cheating_wife[1].jpg (10KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
M_Id_330128_cheating_wife[1].jpg
10KB, 300x200px
Wife keeps talking about someone else's husband and how hardworking he is, has a better job than me, his wife is much hotter than him, etc. and uses this to criticize me. Comparing me to him.

besides this, my wife picks fights of nowhere, complaining that i don't do this, etc.

I don't know what to do here. Sure, there are some things I need to improve. Fine. But there are some ways I can't outcompete this guy. I don't know if I'll ever compare favorably to him in her mind. Feels like cheating risk. what do?
>>
>>17969707
>Feels like cheating risk.
It is. She probably has a crush.
>>
Do you have kids?
>>
>>17969718
yes
>>
>>17969707
>I don't know what to do here. Sure, there are some things I need to improve. Fine.
You answered your own question. Go to it. Don't do it because you see yourself as in competition with another guy. Do it because it's good for you.
Don't do it because of your wife's poor behavior. Do it it because good behavior defeats bad behavior.

> there are some ways I can't outcompete this guy. I don't know if I'll ever compare favorably to him in her mind.
There's nothing to be done about this. There will always be someone bigger, stronger, richer, funnier, more socially powerful and competent. If that's something your partner can't see past, it'll be her loss when you move on.
And since you'll be improving your health, finances, and social circles, you'll have an even better woman waiting for you to drop that ring.
>>
>>17969757
k thx.
>>
>>17969757
Anon is wise.
>>
>>17969726
youre fucked
i was going to write up a long winded response about why you (or anyone, for that matter) should not tolerate this sort of behavior, but the kids aspect takes things to the next level.
you need to covertly start hiding assets. speak to a lawyer or two about your options. if you think im jumping the gun here, youre wrong. your wife has lost respect for you, and this recent bit of nonsense is only the beginning. i also suggest getting paternity tests for each of your children.
>>
watch the first episode of the first season of Fargo
>>
>>17969805
well that's nice.
>>
Sorry OP it sounds like she has lost her love for you. People who are still in love don't compare people like that or treat people like that unless mentally they are doing some serious shit behind the eyes in order to force detachment.

I would take a guess she is staying with you for the children or because it makes her life easier. The sad thing is once that has started, it is almost impossible to change because she'll find fault in almost everything to back up a decision she has already made.

Also people who tend to do that don't tend to be self aware enough to be honest and deal with things without manufacturing a destructive situation in order to force a change, ie cheating, escalation in order to force you to make the change, something usually. Drama.
>>
Dude throw that bitch to curb and move on find some one who respects you for the man that you are
>>
Geez guys none of this means she's cheating or that she doesn't have any more love for OP. What it sounds like is that his wife saw a man who was in every way treating his own wife better. And clearly she resents OP for this which is not the best way she could handle it, but clearly OP needs to step up his game.

What she should be doing is communicating with her husband if she feels she's not getting what she wants from the relationship. But clearly she's not good at it and isn't very emotionally intelligent so she resorts to criticism and fighting.

What OP needs to do is sit down and talk this out, COMMUNICATE don't just make assumptions about how your wife is cheating. Talk to her. Sort it out with the goal of leaving her satisfied. She will either learn to be satisfied by appreciating what you do for her already if she's really being a cunt and you call her out for it, OR OR you will realize that you really aren't doing enough for her and what she needs from you as a partner.

Best way to avoid a fight though is to bring a neutral party into this like a marriage counselor.
>>
Now OP I'm not trying to tell you your wife has the right to treat you like this, she doesn't. But really don't listen to a bunch of kids on /adv/ telling you the only solutions divorce. Most of these kids don't know what its like to be in a relationship past the honeymoon phase. If you don't fix the problems in your relationship, regardless of whose fault it is, the problems will just repeat their selves in your next one.
>>
>>17970673
>But really don't listen to a bunch of kids on /adv/

I'm 51, and married 22 years to my college sweetheart.
Not *everyone* on the chans is a kid.

OP, you've received two valuable bits of advice here, and they do not exclude each other.

First, if the "improvements" your wife seeks in you are indeed improvements (as you judge them), then go ahead and improve. You have nothing to lose but stuff that weighs you down. If you and the wife break up, you're better equipped to recover, and if you stay together, she has less to whine about.

Second, start insulating yourself financially.
Criticism is one thing, but comparing you to another man crosses the line: she's already better-dealing you in her mind. She likely isn't cheating on you now, but If temptation does cross her path, she's more vulnerable to it because she doesn't respect you anymore. A divorce will bleed and gut you like you wouldn't believe, and it's too late to prep for it when she blindsides you with divorce papers.

Third, and this is what I'm introducing: if you want to stay with your wife, meaning you're still in love with her, you need to make her fall in love with you too. I'm not talking about courting her again. Meeting her demands for improvement isn't going to be enough, and in some ways will be mistaken as rewarding bad behavior: if there are OTHER things you think you could improve in yourself, to increase your value as a partner (in the eyes of females in general), then improve them.

Good luck.
>>
>>17969805

This
>>
>>17969707
take her to do something exciting and impulsive. Like ride a motorcycle or jump out an airplane or some shit. Get her endorphins flowing then get her drunk on champagne and bang her brains out like high school.
>>
>>17969707
>his wife is much hotter than him, etc
kek is she insulting you by calling herself ugly?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.