[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My significant other crashed my vehicle. It was an accident,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0393[1].jpg (54KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0393[1].jpg
54KB, 640x430px
My significant other crashed my vehicle. It was an accident, not recklessness. I was there; no need to rehash that part.

The vehicle was totaled.
Insurance paid for towing, storage, inspection, estimates, etc.
The insurance company actually bought the totaled vehcile from me.
The payout was enough to cover all expenses: my deductable, the out-of-pocket I paid for a rental in the interrim, purchase of a comparable vehicle, the cost of registration etc. for replacement vehicle.

Everything turned out better than I expected. Still, I'm very raw about the whole ordeal.
This was my dream vehicle. I loved it. I'd had it for less than a month. I got a great deal from a good friend who took excellent care of it.
This ruined my holidays. I spent hours on the phone, in offices, garages, the DMV, driving back and forth. I had to rearrange my schedule and put my hobbies and social life on hold.

In the aftermath of the accident, before knowing how much insurance would cover, my SO promised to take responsibility for repair or replacement of my vehicle. I think I know what's fair to expect from my partner, but I also know I'm too close to this and too upset to be objective.

So I could really use some outside insight. What should my SO be accountable for now? What compensation is fair for me to expect?
>>
>>17969492
>What should my SO be accountable for now? What compensation is fair for me to expect?

wtf ?

the insurance company paid you the $$

and now you want something from your SO ?

are you 2 gay or lesbo ?

i can't imagine a hetero couple asking this
>>
I think you know the answer, you just need to work all this energy out of your system before making a final decision.

Shit happens. It's life. It sucks, but we understand the risks when we take them.
>>
So this was a genuine accident and you lost nothing financially, you are simply suffering from a bruised ego (car of my dreams... pfft) and you missed some time and it spoilt your holiday.

I'd say "look, at first I was kind of mad, I was having to deal with everything and it ruined my holiday, but accidents happen and the insurance took care of it, it was just stressful and time consuming to sort out. How about we move on from this, but I think you should take me to dinner because we'll both enjoy that".

There. Done. Have a nice meal together, maybe get laid, relax a bit and enjoy your 'SO'.
>>
>>17969492
You just said it was an accident, not recklessness. Even if insurance had covered nothing, you answered the question before you asked it.

Nothing.

Stop being a shitlord.
>>
>>17969521
/thread
>>
>>17969492
I'd say 1.44 blowjob coupons
>>
>>17969492
That was your dream car? And you let your SO drive it? Lol.

Your SO doesn't really owe anything at this point. Asking for something may just fuck everything up. Being honest about how your feelings can only be good (4 u), though. Don't keep that shit inside for 5 years and then let it ruin the relationship if everything else is good.
>>
Dude, it's a car.

If you feel the need to get pissed off at your SO over an accident, then you aren't a very good person and would recommend an attitude change.
>>
Love people, not things.
>>
>>17969492
you BETTER be fucking joking that better not be a picture of the accident and your so called dream car. What fucking faggot has a white four door sedan as their dream car omg i cannot even beleive this right now you have the shittiest dreams goddamn i was depressed earlier but as long as im not you i can be happy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.