[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it dumb to turn down a job? I am being offered an IT related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 091.jpg (187KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
091.jpg
187KB, 1067x1600px
Is it dumb to turn down a job? I am being offered an IT related job for a year. I don't want to take it, I want to move away from this city and go to university to study translating. Everybody says that I should instead take the job but it is only a year and I am not that interested in it nor that good in the field.

Just want to know how stupid this sounds. I am 23 years old and a female. Translating is my dream, computers are something I enjoy.
>>
What?????????
>>
>>17969066
>Just want to know how stupid this sounds

it is not stupid, what is stupid is that dumb ass pic

otherwise you are doing what smart people do, evaluate your career choices

i'd say take the job get the experience save the $$ and then go back for the translator stuff

OTOH look into the job market for translators - it is saturated & the people who get jobs are those who were raised around several different nationalities and speak several languages like a native - maybe you might get some peanut job translating business stuff, but only after you've spent a few years in that country learning the lingo

pro tip - do the computer stuff make lots $$ then do languages as a hobby after work
>>
Nobody in IT wants to work with a female. Just do something else.
>>
>>17969268

go back to r9k you little shitstain

op - IT industry is getting flooded with females because there are too many jobs and not enough people
>>
>>17969066
The point people are trying to make to you is that you go to university so that you can improve your prospects of getting a job. But if you've already been offered something, then university is a redundant choice. Then there are all the other positives: financial freedom, earlier work experience, no student debt, etc... its a no brainer.

If anything try to look at the decision with Maslow's hierarchy in mind. ie. put the functional aspects before the long dream ahead. You are only 23. If translating is your dream then fair enough but you have a whole lifetime at your disposal.

Good luck in your life and the choices you make ahead.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.